Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: best practise to generate samples

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi there,
what woud be the best practise to generate a short part of the song as a sample to let play it in the sampler?
Ive tried to record it, bit i will not hit the buttong exactly at the beginning and the end, so i would like to edit it on a editor with a waveform display.
Then ive tried it with saved loops, i can edit them very exactly in the POI editor, i can play it with the pads, but it seems im not able to transfer them to the sampler area.
What would be the best way to generate samples?

Inviato Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 1:00 pm
cue up in headphones to the exact sweet spot (not playing the song, just scrubbing it, and pause).
Can even fine adjust in the loop section with jog wheel

Make a loop length you want to sample, and hit sample record ;-)

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/loops.html#pro

Editor with waveform => the sample editor in VirtualDJ... :)
(unless you want to fully edit the recording, then use something like the free Audacity)

Inviato Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 1:11 pm
> hit sample record
That was the magic part. I didnt knew that i have such a button. Found it now.
Thank you

Yes, im also missing a scissor at the sample editor - next propose for the wish list :c)

Inviato Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 1:15 pm
Ive found the scissors in the sample editor, there is a blue marker at the beginning and at the end of the waveform, that can be moved.

Inviato Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 1:54 pm
VDJ Monty wrote :
Ive found the scissors in the sample editor, there is a blue marker at the beginning and at the end of the waveform, that can be moved.

Yes, it has trimming of start and end :)

Inviato Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 2:10 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)