Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Clicking the Text button blanks video

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi Folks.
Just starting to get ready for when lockdown finishes, and have found an issue with the 'Text' effect.
I am running V8.5-64 B6344 on my Windows 10 laptop running Windows 10 Home 20H2,19042.867 OS build
I am running VDJ on my laptop screen with the video output to the HDMI port. Everything seems ot be working 100% ok, with the exception of the VideoFX Text effect.
If I click to start it it blanks the whole main video output. If I click to turn it off the video output comes back.
I am not aware of changing any settings since I last used it at a gig.
Any help suggestions will be gladly received.

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 7:25 pm
To show you what I mean, here is a screen grab.
What you see happening on the main output screen in the centre is what happens on the main video output that the customers see.
As I click the 'Text' button the display blanks and when I click it again it comes back.
It has always worked perfectly in the past.

https://mega.nz/file/vJsTgCzb#DPZ8s3jO1zONCWCe5osyrq0k3sL9x9W5zM7liGef-tI

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 8:27 pm
Odd, works fine here...

Try this, just to test if its something odd with the graphic card..
1) Set Intel Graphic to full performance (full 3d)
2) if that didnt fix it, try set videoUseDXVA to no in VirtualDJ settings

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 8:43 pm
Since it seems you have both intel and nvidia, can also try useLowPowerGPU set to "high power" to make the video engine use the nvidia card instead... if the previous post didnt do any good ;-)

Should be fine on default (low power), but worth a quick test

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 8:48 pm
I only have Intel graphics on my laptop where the issue is, but changed all the settings as you suggested but this had no effect.
I have done some tests and deleted the settings.xml file to start with totally vanilla VDJ settings, but it still does it.
However what I have noticed is that it only blanks the song video. With a Video skin, the skin stays visible, it's only the music video that blanks. It does this even if the song is paused.
Here's what happens :-

https://mega.nz/file/7Ntx2AiS#fBDL6g5mZCY04GKeYFFMOwbSpAcuLx6dFkjr47iJRc4

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 10:21 pm
Also, just checked and it works perfectly well on version V8.4 B5874
Going back one update at a time to see when it died.

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 10:44 pm
Did you also try the videoUseDXVA set to no? (will turn on software decoding of video)

But yeah, something might be wrong, for sure if it worked in earlier builds. Works fine my end though.

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 11:07 pm
Yes tried videoUseDXVA set to no - made no difference.

I do appreciate your input though - thank you.

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 11:08 pm
Ok.. Curiouser and Curiouser ...
Went back to the first 64bit version of 2020 and 'text' still didn't work, so I tried the 32bit version - and that worked fine.
So then I installed the latest 32bit version and that also works fine. But now of course I now don't have access to stems.
Obviously something in the latest Windows update has broken VDJ for me :(.
So what I need now is a way of showing text on the screen that isn't the 'Text' plugin so I can go back to the 64bit version.
This is all a real pain in the arse!
Should I open a ticket?

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 11:27 pm

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 11:39 pm
The first place I looked! The drivers there are much older than the latest latest Windows ones installed :(

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 11:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)