Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Editing Latest Default Skin
RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Skin Newbie question here....

In the past I created an edit of the Default Pro Skin which was saved in the Virtualdj/skins/default folder.

I now want to create an edit of the latest default pro skin (which has some different features from the version I edited previously) - however if I click on the 'edit this skin' in the interface window it still opens up the Virtualdj/skins/default folder in explorer and therefore only gives me access to the older pro.xml file......

I've tried renaming that file, and even renaming the skin in the first line of that file to see if it will then let me open up a newer version of the default pro xml file..... but to no avail.....

So can anyone help me with how to open up the latest versions of the default skin .xml files?

Many thanks

Inviato Wed 05 May 21 @ 2:46 pm
the /default/ folder is the editable folder ;-)

The non edited version is built into the software

Inviato Wed 05 May 21 @ 3:07 pm
Thanks Rune, :-D

So how do I get the latest version of the one built into the software into the editable folder.

Specifically what I am looking for is the panel name of the FX x6 panel in deck fx panel.....

But it doesn't seem to appear anywhere in the currently editable xml file which only has the "@fxsliders_[PANELNAME]";
"@fxsingle_[PANELNAME]";
"@fxknobs_[PANELNAME]"; and
"@pads16_[PANELNAME]"
defined in it [under the group="fx_[PANELNAME]"] which come from an older skin.....

Inviato Wed 05 May 21 @ 3:14 pm
Raniki wrote :

So how do I get the latest version of the one built into the software into the editable folder.

Click "Edit" at top right corner, and the folder /default/ will be created that you can edit in..
Should also automatically open file explorer to same place

Inviato Wed 05 May 21 @ 3:33 pm
the 6fx is in relation to the setting skin6FXlayout in the regular setting options in the software
(and can be used at controller mappers to trigger this setting)

In the skin itself, look for forceshow="6fx" or @fx6slots_[PANELNAME]

Inviato Wed 05 May 21 @ 3:36 pm
Thanks for giving me the panel name for the 6 slots panel.... that is very helpful.

However when I click the edit button at the top it opens the folder/default..... but the pro.xml skin that is in there seems to be an older one rather than the latest one built into the software (and hence doesn't include the '@fx6slots_[PANELNAME]' coding in it. As I say, I have changed the name of the file in the default folder (and even the '<skin name=' at the start of that file. But it doesn't seem to make any difference. The latest version of the pro skin doesn't seem to be imported into the default folder and so cannot be edited......

Inviato Wed 05 May 21 @ 4:02 pm
Try delete that /default/ folder and try edit again ;-)

Inviato Wed 05 May 21 @ 4:06 pm