Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer ddj sx3 questions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I own old denon gear but the club im doing weekends at uses the ddj sx3 and using it is easier than hauling in my gear but i have a few questions for someone savvy with that controller as i didnt find what i hunting in the manual and the owner of the club knows about zero about it.

As far as i can tell the EQ knobs have no effect over sound output my denon controller had a button to turn on or off EQ i didnt see one on the sx3 or am i just missing it or some other issue?

On my denon it was called "gain" on this borad "trim" but i notice start of night when i have my channel faders about 90% and use master level knob to control volume i can push the trim where it will get into the red but by as the night goes on trim will hardly allow into the orange after just past half turn more has little to no effect is that normal as its different to how my denon could be adjusted.

Once in a while the whole board will go thru a "light show" wave kind of display what is that for or about?

Is there a way to set those 8 pad keys on each side to a solid color the type music i play there is a bit of beat mixing but i do not use any effects etc so i just would if possible like to set those to just one color and lit.

Many thanks for helping this Jurassic jock.

Cheers
b

Inviato Sun 23 May 21 @ 4:03 pm
Not sure what you meant by the EQs..
And on/off .. . The EQs on the SX3 is quite standard. Works as most controllers.

If you have autogain on, combined with VirtualDJ limiter, its better to leave the gain alone.
That being said, if the gains did nothing, then probably the hardware position and software position of the gain knob didnt match, and nothing will happen until you move the knob to "pick up" the software position (to avoid "accidents"). You can turn this behaviour off, in settings. Look for controllerTakeOverMode

(but its same on denon if you have the above settings on)

If the controller goes to "light show" its in stand-by mode, and you didnt use it for a long time.
A bit like your monitor will go into a screen saver mode.

Can make a custom pad page, and just turn on the pad buttons if you want. And even set the colors you want. Rigjt-click the pads drop down in skin, and choose edit to create your own.
And just use an action that is true, such as play for example

Inviato Sun 23 May 21 @ 7:59 pm
Thanks rune,

I only have experence with my old denon gear where i was using vdj7 and the hc4500 controller and dn-x500 mixer which in that set up the mixer has a button on each channel to turn on or off EQ knobs i didnt know if the ddsj had that feature.

On my old set up which i did go to vdj8 i use autogain and remember however since the mixer is stand alone the software has no control over mixer gain settings and until your reply it didnt dawn on me in the case of the ddj software could controll gain,

In the case of the club the owner didnt do much more than get it working he has the same powered EV speakers i have and ive never heard them sound so bad, the bass is crashing all over itself in baby steps im working as i can to get things sounding good or at least better without offending anyone.

You shined the light it slipped my mind the ddj would have software settings which i imagine are fairly out of whack so ill read up on that in the manual at take a look at it on friday, if i understand i can set software to autogain and leave the knob alone.

This all might be why it sounds so crappy to me loud.

Many thanks.
B

Inviato Mon 24 May 21 @ 1:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can disable the Demo mode (what u called light show) of the SX3 from the device Utilities.

Do steps 1 to 3 from above, then do the steps you see on the following pic, and when done exit Utilities with steps 4 and 5.

Inviato Mon 24 May 21 @ 3:29 am
Ty djdad,

I have a question for you, your rusty skin is my all time favorite is it okay to be using it with 8?

Seems to work fine.

Inviato Tue 25 May 21 @ 4:31 am
Returning to this as im still missing the boat here,
The eq knobs are at 12 clock,
If i try to turn down highs or lows turning the knob counterclockwise it might have a very little effect but nothing that helps,
If i try to turn up highs or lows after the knob gets to about 2-3 clock the sound drops out,
I assume its a setting somewhere but im baffled, i just want eq function like ive had on every other mixer ive used in 40 plus years please clue me in here.
Many thanks
b

Inviato Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 11:29 pm
Do you have mathEngine enabled ? In that case most likely you are controlling stems instead of EQ ?

Inviato Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 7:34 am
Mathengines?
My format has very little mixing, no flashy stuff so i would guess i dont use 90% of the mixers features. Stem stuff falls into that.

I will check that friday when i get to the club,

I do know its set to "auto gain" as mine is at home so would that override eq function?

I really believe its a setting im ignorant to not a fault in program or mixer

Inviato Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 12:22 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Inviato Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 4:43 pm
I checked the club settings and its as the pix freppa posted,
I do not use this feature so where to i set things so my EQ knobs will adjust EQ

again thanks all for helping me sort it out.

Inviato Wed 01 Sep 21 @ 3:53 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Inviato Wed 01 Sep 21 @ 4:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)