Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Cannot see VDJ in SC5000M Screen
Hello ALL. I just installed and purchased Virtual DJ b6444 version. I am running this on my 2010 macbook pro with OS 10.11.6. My controller is a Denon SC5000m with a X1800 Denon Prime mixer. The SC5000m is showing "Computer Mode" on the screen as if it's looking for VDJ. However, the Decks load and the pads, knobs, and jog wheel are fully functional. I can do everything except see it on the SC5000m. I'm using the USB cable that came with the players. I've tried even a daisy chain hook up with the players and still no screen. Only "Computer Mode". Can someone please help with this? I've emailed Virtual DJ Tech support but I have still yet to hear from them.

Inviato Thu 27 May 21 @ 2:44 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
is firmware up to date?

Inviato Thu 27 May 21 @ 3:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need one of the following OSX...
- 10.14.x
- 10.15.x
- 11.x (running Rosetta if M1 chip)

Inviato Thu 27 May 21 @ 4:00 pm
HOW DID YOU CONNECT IT? WHAT AUDIO SETTINGS DO YOU HAVE? I HAD TO USB CABLES TO MY COMPUTER, IT SHOWS BUT EVERYTHING IS SHOWING UP AS MUTED??

Inviato Wed 20 Oct 21 @ 6:31 pm
Please don't write in full caps! In the internet world that's shouting..

chuckper73 wrote :
IT SHOWS BUT EVERYTHING IS SHOWING UP AS MUTED??

If it shows "MUTED" on the display, it means that you need to turn your mixer source switches to USB position.

Long explanation:
If you are using a mixer that has a USB port and that you can connect on your PC/MAC then you should use the mixer's sound interface. Therefore in this case the sound of VirtualDJ is audible when "USB" or "PC" is selected as the source of the given channel on your mixer.
If you're using an external sound interface alongside with such a mixer (since SC5000M does not offer a sound interface) then you should either disconnect the USB port of your mixer (and therefore treat the mixer as a full analog device) or you should switch your sound setup to use the mixer's sound interface and disconnect your external soundcard.
In both cases, the "MUTED" text will disappear.

Finally: The "MUTED" text is there to warn you that your mixer's (or controller's) input switches are currently on a position that won't allow the deck to be heard.
It's like if a CD player in the old days could display "muted" when the mixer's source switch for it's channel was set to "phono"

Inviato Wed 20 Oct 21 @ 9:02 pm