Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark 4Trak mic drops out
My microphone keeps dropping out on my Numark 4Trak, it will work for 30mins or so but then stop for a while before coming back. It does the same with different mics so it is no an issue with the mic. My usual mic is a wireless SM58. Any idea why this could be happening?

Inviato Sun 01 Aug 21 @ 7:53 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sounds like a HW issue, there's nothing really in vdj that could cause that type of fault. It could be deliberately scripted to act that way with some hardware but that would be deliberate.
Further point, I think the mic input on Numark 4Trak is direct to master, meaning vdj has no say or even knowledge of what's happening with the mic.

Electronics head on now, works for a bit - stops working - starts working again; sound like a thermal issue [not saying it is, but that's first assumption from symptoms]
Or it could be a dry join [this may or may not be thermal issue too]
Give the age of the device, cheapest fix is have a tech look over the mic path, starting with the socket, first thing they'd do is look for the crusty bit or wiggle, if none is found they'd re-tin all the solder joins. If that doesn't fix it I'd [the tech] thermal cam the board [quick way to see if a cap or IC causing it]
If nothing is found then I'd bypass any moving parts [dials or buttons associated with that part of the circuit] anything beyond becomes cost prohibitive given the age of the device.

Inviato Sun 01 Aug 21 @ 9:37 pm