Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Stems Location
Hi, I have seen a similar topic but I would like to put a new focus on this subject.
I think several of us use laptops during live sets and the computation of stems has a performance effect. It stresses the computer and increases the cpu to 100 %. I had some crashes of my laptop due to high temperature limitation (especially during summer). When you are playing live parties it is a real issue.
To secure this I have precalculated most of my stems, it now takes 325 Gb for 140 Gb of MP3. My SSD is only 512 gb and I can't upgrade it so i have storage issues now.
I think it would be great to be able to choose a specific root location for stems. I can plug a 1 Tb Micro SD card for example and it’s done for few $.
Right now my music is stored in e:\music and I have mapped a logical drive to this path (M:\=e:\music).
I only need to create another path (like N\=f:\music) so the stems can be stored below the f:\music path.
So basically having an option specifying the drive letter where the stems are stored is enough I think (keeping the same structure path after the letter).
Thanks in advance

Inviato Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 12:43 pm
Asked for this when Stems came out but I don't think it's been implemented.

I would like to have stems available for some of my collection but all stored in one place, not necessarily where the source files are.

Inviato Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 1:16 pm