Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Update number 7
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yet again My VDJ is not set for early releases so WHY is it downloading and asking if i want update beta early release version 7? yes 7 early releases now what on earth is going on at VDJ? Can I not in any way just say NO I am happy with the main release made 7 updates ago, stop downloading stuff I do not want? Why is it downloading 6613 when it is NOT a main release?

Inviato Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 2:07 pm
I have early access disabled on this machine (b6541) started VDJ and no popup at all.

Check your documents>virtualdj>cache folder has no vdjready file in it. If it does delete it (mentioned this previously)

Open settings.xml in notepad and check this line is the same. If not make it the same then save the file.

<earlyAccessUpdates modified="no">no</earlyAccessUpdates>

Inviato Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 3:01 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which build were you using before this?
If you were using 6541 you would not get the update, but if you were using a newer build you would get the update.

Inviato Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 3:23 pm
Here's the thing - you don't have to install the updates.

Regardless of whether EA is on or not, VDJ will check online when it starts up. If you don't want it to, then disable access to the internet, either on the computer or just for VDJ.

If it has access and there's an update - VDJ will ask if you want to install it. You can click the 'no' button.

Inviato Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 5:15 pm
TVD UK wrote :
Yet again My VDJ is not set for early releases so WHY is it downloading and asking if i want update beta early release version 7? yes 7 early releases now what on earth is going on at VDJ? Can I not in any way just say NO I am happy with the main release made 7 updates ago, stop downloading stuff I do not want? Why is it downloading 6613 when it is NOT a main release?

I had the Problem. So to correct it, This is what I did and it worked. download a fresh copy of b6541 from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html install it over the whatever version you have installed in your system. if it give you any error (it did to me) Reinstall it AGAIN and this time choose REPAIR it and DONE. Problem Solved.!!!

Inviato Fri 27 Aug 21 @ 6:05 pm