Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Causing Windows to Crash?
I installed a new to me skin they other day and my last gig I had my computer crash and get the blue screen of death twice (HP with Windows 10) Never had problem the last three outings with this computer, has anybody else seen this happen? Or do I have another problem?

Inviato Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 1:35 am
Blue screen crashes are caused by serious problems with the operating system or faulty computer hardware, so VDJ or the skin wouldn't have caused it.

Inviato Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 7:57 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
just rarely BSOD, everytime due to GPU overload (most of the time only graphic driver crash and reload):
- with shaders switching too fast (before it inits) (extensive use of early version of Locodog's videoFX)
- with skin renderer and buggy VDJ EA builds with some buggy drivers (may be fixed both side VDJ & nvidia)
- and HDD failure while loading track and OS freeze a long time due to read errors (hardware issue)
- stems in GPU mode for multiple decks and scratchbanks

So that Yes skin with high rendering needs can sometime in rare occasions do the same on system with high GPU/CPU load inducing driver/hardware failure

Inviato Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 8:39 am
Skins generally won't cause a BSOD.
Even if the drivers of the GPU "crash" that usually won't lead to BSOD. It will cause many other nasty things but not BSOD.

It would be very useful to provide us two pieces of information:
1) A photo of the BSOD itself as it shows an error code that can help us get a general estimation of what caused it (bad RAM, faulty Drivers, Bad Drive e.t.c.)
2) The name of the skin you tried. If it's a widely used skin then chances are it has nothing to do with your BSOD. If not, we can try to debug it and see if it has any protentional to create a BSOD.

Inviato Thu 09 Sep 21 @ 5:25 pm
It was the Haunting Pro Skin I didn't get a picture of the BSOD I was scrambling to hook my phone into mixer to play music while it rebooted.

Inviato Fri 10 Sep 21 @ 1:36 am
With 47000 downloads, I doubt it's the skin that was the cause of your BSOD

Inviato Mon 20 Sep 21 @ 4:20 pm