Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: which licence?
nsv257Home userMember since 2013
Before I download a program , I cant decide which one is needed, I am wanting to play music , video and karaoke, and to display via projector within the house, I am not a dj and it would be for home use only! NOT for profit/ payment, do all instances of vdj display to external tv / monitor?

This is only for home use only, cant find definitive answer in the forum if previously asked.

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 21 @ 12:10 pm
The program is the same.
The license determines which features you can use or not.
For home usage, the FREE license should be more than enough for you.
VirtualDJ will output video to a TV/Projector, but you won't be able to hide it's logo.

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 21 @ 12:24 pm
nsv257Home userMember since 2013
cheers for reply, will the logo block any of the lyrics from being seen?

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 21 @ 7:05 pm
You can try it.
It's FREE and there are no obligations!

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 21 @ 7:38 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
logo can be positioned in any corner

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 21 @ 8:31 pm
Hi, Yes you can use the HDMI from your laptop, Or desktop to play a second screen or more depending on your computers capability . I have 8 outputs on my video cards, I also have a wireless HDMI transmitter too plus SmartScreen's I send stuff too. I run visuals and video's and karaoke and logos plus more. In virtual dj 2021 the possibilities are endless. I have scrolling text plus slide shows. I used the software to build a game show and use a remote I pad to be able to see everything on a podium. Now when it comes to video ram makes a huge difference. If you have a pro version there is lots of stuff that is amazing plus tech support that is always going . The thing that separates this from other dj software is updates and addons are free. Plus community is brilliant. I have a few suggestions that will make your setting up cheaper and work a long distance away. Latency is one thing you need to look at if your running video through some hubs .But there is a setting inside and half the people in forums are brilliant. Feel free to pm me and I will help you out . I am not selling anything and use to install sound for a living in Canada before covid ,

Inviato Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 9:36 pm