Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Removing Cache Songs
Hello-How do I remove songs “cache” of the music? I’m using beatsource and depending on the venue I’m playing I would like to cache different playlists but remove the cache of playlists will not be using. (Trying to stay in the 1000 song cache limit).

Inviato Thu 28 Apr 22 @ 9:46 am
cached songs are located in /documents/virtualdj/cache/

You can opt to remove them there.
Or better, those you want to "hide" from a certain gig (unless actual hard disc space is a concern), simply select all in that playlist (ctrl + a) and rightclick selection and choose "batch => remove from Search database"

and vice versa when you want to add back

Inviato Thu 28 Apr 22 @ 3:04 pm
Thank you for the feedback. Will batching them and removing them from search DB remove them from the cache as well?

Inviato Thu 28 Apr 22 @ 10:42 pm
If you are in your Beatsource Online files folder, you can R-click and choose delete to remove them from the cache.

If you are in another Virtual Folder, created for the event.. select only those beatsource files and again, from the R-click menu.. choose Delete. The tracks will remain listed in the Virtual Folder, but will be removed from the cached tracks. If you select files that are both on a local drive and offline cached files .. you will not get the R-click option to delete.

Note: I do not have Beatsouce, but Beatport, so test the above to see if it behaves the same.

Summary:

Multiple select, and using the R-click menu, (of cached offline files in Virtual Folders), choose delete .. to remove from the tracks from the 1000 track cache.

and to add them back to cache, later, can group select them and choose from the R-click menu "Download to cache"

Inviato Thu 28 Apr 22 @ 11:08 pm
Thank you for the info!

Inviato Fri 29 Apr 22 @ 10:03 am