Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Setting search_options target for search
Hello,
I would like to switch to Virtual DJ from Rekordbox, but I miss an option from rekordbox where I was able to target in search the whole "Collection" of files I have instead of searching just in selected folder.

I would like to replicate this in Virtual DJ - I had an idea to try mapping a keyboard shortcut with
'search_options "Search all local files" on & "Search in current folder" off' ... etc - you get the point.
But I am not able to get this working despite I tried formatting the string "Search all local files" in all possible ways. Plus I can not find any information about switching these options in manual or on forum. What is possible is to switch on/off "Artist" column, but I don't know how to switch the target where the search happens.

I appreciate any help!

Peter

Inviato Tue 09 Aug 22 @ 8:44 pm
I found it :)
Solution to this is using Action 'setting searchInFolder' or 'setting searchInDB' etc.
For example, if you start with one of these options unticked, you can quickly switch between them with Action: 'setting searchInFolder & setting searchInDB'.

For anybody who wants to replicate the functionality of Rekordbox's shortcuts CTRL+F (search in folder) & ALT+F (search in Collection), here are the actions you have to assign to corresponding shortcuts:
CTRL+F: 'setting searchInFolder on & setting searchInDB off & search '' & search'
ALT+F: 'setting searchInFolder on & setting searchInDB off & search '' & search'

Inviato Wed 10 Aug 22 @ 8:37 am