Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: tracks stutter every 30 mins
got a new laptop acer aspire 5 amd ryzen 7 8 ram 512 gb. playback starts to stutter, i checked latency and set to 512. drivers all up to date and on window 11. my lenovo ideapad300 had no issues an my ascer aspire 3 i5 had no issues, looked here plenty of topics on it but cant seem to find a solution, any help appreciated

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 8:59 am
New laptops always cause problems until you "get them under control"
You need to figure what is happening on your laptop outside of VDJ
- It could be your harddrive going to sleep, or maybe an USB driver entering a deactive mode
- Or it could be something staring up - like an anti-virus program
The first few things are simple to check - like your power settings and sleep modes, but in the end you may need to use a monitoring program to find "the bad guy"

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 10:02 am

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 10:04 am
Thanks mate I ran a latency test on it too and that was all good. All I have on the laptop is virtual DJ and my music folder nothing else

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 5:01 pm
That's never really true. New laptops comes with all sorts of unwanted stuff on them. Everything from extra windows features, and trial versions of systen tools, to bad drivers and bad default settimgs
That's why I said that new laptops always cause trouble until you get them optimized - so there is really no way of getting around going through the process

Inviato Tue 30 Aug 22 @ 2:48 am
How long did you run the latency test for?

If the tracks stutter after 30 mins then you need to run it past that point, to see if you can catch whatever causes the glitch.

Inviato Tue 30 Aug 22 @ 4:38 pm