Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: iPad skin with better library search
miren2kPRO InfinityMember since 2022
Hi guys!

I use the Mixon 4 Reloop decks and connect it to my macbook with VDJ

I've been testing the use of my ipad as a second screen that I can slot into the decks screen holder.

The best thing I can find is the dual deck control skin, but I'm pretty much just using it to see the waveform and access library as those are two things that would be helpful to see right in front of me.

However I'm finding that there are no decent skins to search through your library! Why is that?

Firstly, the track list structure takes up faaaaaar too much vertical real estate! I can only see 7 tracks listed before I need to start scrolling!!!!!

Secondly none of my filter commands come through, I heavily rely on seeing the highlighted tracks through my filters to quickly decide on what tracks to play next! Not much point in using the ipad if I need to turn my head to see this on my laptop instead.

Anyone know of any way to sort this out?

Inviato Thu 29 Sep 22 @ 12:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Browser of Remote app is standard and cannot be customized/tweaked.
Best would be to set your iPad as secondary monitor on your Mac and use a skin with detachable Browser so that you can put the Browser window on your iPad.
Havent tried but here is a way i found (using Sidecar) .. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210380

Inviato Thu 29 Sep 22 @ 11:07 am
miren2kPRO InfinityMember since 2022
djdad wrote :
The Browser of Remote app is standard and cannot be customized/tweaked.
Best would be to set your iPad as secondary monitor on your Mac and use a skin with detachable Browser so that you can put the Browser window on your iPad.
Havent tried but here is a way i found (using Sidecar) .. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210380

Thanks mate, I downloaded Blocks (the skin you are talking about) and used my ipad as an extended screen, moved the extra library pop up from blocks over to the ipad, works great!

I actually like this skin as well so I'll definitely be using it from now on

Inviato Sat 01 Oct 22 @ 6:18 pm