Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Software update
I would have expected a software update to maintain the level of performance or increase it, not diminish it. Latest update of stems edition caused me issues such as laptop overheating, latency issues, slow playback, slow browsing after around 2-3 hours DJing. My laptop is not insignificant in terms of specs, Nitro 5, i7-11800H, UHD graphics. Disabling stems analysys solved the whole issue but unfortunately I couldn't troubleshoot till the next day. Clearly the demands of the software outweigh the minimum specs listed. Really disappointed and embarrassed as a professional DJ being made to look and sound like an amateur

Inviato Sun 12 Feb 23 @ 11:19 pm
If you were a professional DJ you would have looked at what the update contained then tested it adequately before going live on a gig if required.

Inviato Sun 12 Feb 23 @ 11:45 pm
Firstly, thanks for your condescending reply. Secondly, I did look at what the update contained- and I liked it. Adequately tested before the gig and ran 2.5 hours fine before running into trouble. Do you not think that's adequate enough? Thirdly, my laptop far out weighs the minimum spec for full functionality. I think I said that before but you obviously have a problem synthesising relevent information

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 7:39 am
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I also experienced similar problems since a few days. I still do not know if it is VDJ or Windows 11 who messed everything up, but for sure, the current version of VDJ is not compatible with (my) version of Windows 11. I also had serious troubles during a live gig (crackling sounds, slow performance, distortion, extremely slow stems computing) while 2 weeks ago all still went smooth.

Inviato Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 1:32 pm
im unable to use vdj at all as it glitch freezes periodically my entire pc and the vdj program itself, when vdj is closed no more pc freeze glitches, unable to mix smoothly like this... even did a fresh install to find out vdj is still glitching, ughhhhh... using a dell optiplex 9010 i7 desktop

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 23 @ 8:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What are your computer's specs (CPU, GPU , RAM) ?
Perhaps VirtualDJ is taking big amount of your CPU/GPU.
Try to disable Stems (StemsRealTimeSeparation to Fully Disabled) and see if you still have low performance.

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 23 @ 2:48 pm
djmcskin wrote :
im unable to use vdj at all as it glitch freezes periodically my entire pc and the vdj program itself, when vdj is closed no more pc freeze glitches, unable to mix smoothly like this... even did a fresh install to find out vdj is still glitching, ughhhhh... using a dell optiplex 9010 i7 desktop
..... ok doing as suggested by vdj.....set the stems to low quality and all is good again or disable it in StemsRealtimeSeparation under settings... ty for the help....

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 23 @ 3:38 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
If you were a professional DJ you would have looked at what the update contained then tested it adequately before going live on a gig if required.

That was pretty condescending.......

Inviato Sat 18 Feb 23 @ 12:15 am
I don't understand why people keep on suggesting to disable stems. Using stems has become part of my day to day mixing techniques and I don't want to roll back. VDJ worked smoothly 14 days ago, including stems, and now things are going seriously wrong. Many people seem to be dealing with serious performance issues now, while a few weeks ago there was no issue. When VDJ offers me to update, I also just click and accept, I expect it to work.

Inviato Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 8:27 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Inviato Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 9:00 am
Thank you Gwen, I honestly think the recent troubles (apparently many people are experiencing this) have to do rather with Windows (11?) updates than with VDJ - but VDJ suffers heavily from it.

Inviato Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 10:04 am
That's why if I have a machine that works well with VDJ (no latency issues or audio dropouts) the first thing I do is upgrade to Windows Pro and disable updates in Group Policy Editor.

Inviato Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 10:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Personally have not have any issues with windows updates either.
Do make sure to download the latest nVidida driver directly from nVidia if you haven't done so, these can make a difference.

Inviato Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 11:24 am
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
In the past weeks i had the same problems, i have a razer blade with a GTX 2070 and should work flawless nor like that.

First, my pc suddenly shut down due the heat, and a few days ago i have little freezes mid set, having all the stems preprocessed ( to avoid the overheat ) and still had problems, it's a shame, never had any issue with VDJ, last builds are very unstable, hope this will be fixed,.

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 3:42 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
if you shutdown due to thermal, I'd be looking at your cooling, thermal paste, heat sink to torque etc,

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 3:48 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
Yeah, probably it's a hardware + the heat of the place who has the fault there, but draw my attention the high cpu and gpu usage with virtualdj when i never had a problem in the last 4 years.

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 12:37 am
gvaste wrote :
Yeah, probably it's a hardware + the heat of the place who has the fault there, but draw my attention the high cpu and gpu usage with virtualdj when i never had a problem in the last 4 years.

Well, you have now started to drive 100 mph in your sports car, instead of the 25 mph you have been doing for the last 4 years. When it comes to VDJ this is basically the first time you hardware has had to deliver
So it's not surprising at all

And like posted above: If your hardware for some reason can't deliver, and you don't want ro spend time on figuring out why, then you can simply disable stems, and go back to driving 25 mph again

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 1:10 am
mattfinlay wrote :
I would have expected a software update to maintain the level of performance or increase it, not diminish it

That is a weird expectation to have. Would you also expect a 2010 pc to run a 2023 3D game better or at least as good as it does a 3D game from 2005?

Because going from Stems 1.0 to Stems 2.0 is like going from the 1994 Doom II game to the 2020 Doom Eternal game when it comes to hardware resources needed

But you don't have to do that. It's still perfectly fine to play the 1994 Doom II game
And in VDJ 2023 that's the equivalent of setting Stems to "reduced quality (v1.0), or disable stems all together

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 1:17 am