Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer FLX-4 Virtual DJ update?
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I heard that there's a new update finally supporting the Pioneer FLX-4?

Is this correct?

I have the free download of Virtual DJ, and just purchased an FLX-4 controller.

I'm not sure where I find what version number i'm on with VDJ?
And do we recieve a VirtualDJ OEM license number for purchasing a hardware unit with VDJ so that its fully supported?

Sorry if I have this incorrect (I only want to use this at home by myself, so no gigs, or live use if that helps?)

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 9:18 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
update vdj to current build and it supports the flx4, for a home+ licence to use vdj with hardware see here.

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 9:23 am
Thanks, but not sure how to see what version i'm on, with VDJ? and how to update?

Also your 'see here' link isnt working?

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 9:47 am
GooseyGander wrote :
Thanks, but not sure how to see what version i'm on, with VDJ? and how to update?
Also your 'see here' link isnt working?

The current public build is 7462 - you can check your build number at the bottom of the settings page inside VDJ. And if you need it you can download the latest version from the download menu above, and simply install on top

This is the link to the VDJ hardware guide for the FLX4 (including the install guide):
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjflx4.html

However it looks like your current license won't work with VDJ for more than a short test period, when you try using it with hardware like the FLX4 controller. But you can get a license under the Buy menu above

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 10:01 am
Thanks KLAUSMOGENSEN.

Just checked and updated, and indeed I am now v2023-m-b7462.

So can I not use my brand new FLX-4 with this free version, as I have purchased the hardware?
I have Rekordbox (which it comes with) and Serato DJ Pro.
But wanted to use the FLX4 with VDJ as heard so many good things about it..

I thought maybe as its just been released, and i've purchased the hardware controller that there maybe a version that I could at least play around with at home (not live performance) without paying for a subscription?

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 10:28 am
a month free trial after that you need a licence.

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 10:35 am
GooseyGander wrote :

So can I not use my brand new FLX-4 with this free version, as I have purchased the hardware?
I have Rekordbox (which it comes with) and Serato DJ Pro.
But wanted to use the FLX4 with VDJ as heard so many good things about it..
I thought maybe as its just been released, and i've purchased the hardware controller that there maybe a version that I could at least play around with at home (not live performance) without paying for a subscription?

The thing is that Rekordbox is Pioneers software, so you've already paid for that when buying the controller
And the Serato DJ Lite is also part of the package you buy (Serato DJ Pro is a paid upgrade)

But Atomix/Virtual DJ don't get any of the money you've paid for the hardware
So like locodog says, you only get a 30 days trial. After that you only get 10 min test time everytime you start VDJ

But you CAN buy a cheaper home controller license for VDJ, specifically for the FLX4, and specifically for home use.
The home controller licenses vary in price depending on the controller, but it will probably be about $99. You can see the exact amount under the Buy menu

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 10:46 am
Ok thank you both

It looks like the price is £20/MO in the UK for a licence.

But aas you say, I think i get 1 month free, when I decide to activate it, and 10 mins each and every launch

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 11:01 am
there is a £102 +vat offer for a one payment home+ licence.

Inviato Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 11:16 am