Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Prime GO Extended Screen Skin - Page: 1

Inviato Thu 09 Mar 23 @ 4:29 pm
How to install:
Go to VDJ Skin directory. For Windows this is:
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\VirtualDJ\Skins or %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ\Skins
On Mac: \Users\YourUserName\Library\ApplicationSupport\VirtualDJ

Delete or rename if existing: Denon PRIMEGO Screen.zip
Rename Prime GO Extended Screen Skin.zip to Denon PRIMEGO Screen.zip
Restart VDJ
Have fun!

Inviato Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 6:46 am
lol42PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello, i tried this skin. But i have a big problem, i don't know how i can change it for another skin. Since i made the change, i have not the button to access parameters. Please help me...

Inviato Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 10:52 am
Long press Browser Button on your controller to activate settings of the skin.

If you see the skin on your laptop screen, you selected the skin the interfaces tap. VDJ does not support an interface to select the skin for a controller. To get back to the native desktop skin you can go into the VDJ home folder and delete the zip file of the skin.
Restart VDJ and it will fall back to the default desktop skin.

To install it on the controller you have to follow the instructions of the second post.

Hope that helped

Inviato Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 11:08 am
The big rotation button, in front of back fwd and the load ?

Inviato Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 11:15 am
Do you see the new skin on your desktop or the controller screen?
Check the post above. I added some information to that one if you see the skin on your desktop screen.

Inviato Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 11:19 am
i see the new skin, on the prime go and on my laptop...

Inviato Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 11:25 am
OK, please delete all zip files containing _PrimeGO_ as stated in the other post.
Restart VDJ and use INTERFACE settings page to get back to the desktop theme you prefer. Then do the installation including renaming from new.
Do not select the skin in the INTERFACE settings page.
Starting VDJ will display the normal desktop skin and the new controller skin on your controller.

Electronic Green Room wrote :
Long press Browser Button on your controller to activate settings of the skin.

If you see the skin on your laptop screen, you selected the skin the interfaces tap. VDJ does not support an interface to select the skin for a controller. To get back to the native desktop skin you can go into the VDJ home folder and delete the zip file of the skin.
Restart VDJ and it will fall back to the default desktop skin.

To install it on the controller you have to follow the instructions of the second post.

Hope that helped

Inviato Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 11:44 am
SMAODJPRO InfinityMember since 2021
Had the same problem. Press shift and esc on your pcs keyboard and you will enter the regular vdj setting and under interface you can choose the default skin again.

Inviato Sat 11 Mar 23 @ 8:51 am
Thx SmaoDJ, for giving the hotkey to enter the settings directly. That is much more easy then my solution.
The latest skin version hides the skin in the interface settings so it can't be chosen anymore. This will prevent others to fall into this trap.
Sorry for the inconvenience, you both experienced.

Inviato Sat 11 Mar 23 @ 4:23 pm
enginalHome userMember since 2022
Just a quick question, is it possible to use 2+2 mixer with this skin. Or showing 4 deck is only for waveforms? I don't know virtualdj very well, and I couldn't find a way to switch deck 1 and 2 to deck 3 and 4.

Inviato Sun 12 Mar 23 @ 8:13 pm
SMAODJPRO InfinityMember since 2021
You can. I use my 2 channel go with four decks. To switch I mapped custom buttons with this line:

deck right invert_deck & deck right select
and
deck left invert_deck & deck left select

You can access it via the panels eg. on the pro skin

Click on an empty slot to edit. Or right click for editing an already used one.

Inviato Sun 12 Mar 23 @ 9:59 pm
SMAODJ wrote :
You can. I use my 2 channel go with four decks. To switch I mapped custom buttons with this line:

deck right invert_deck & deck right select
and
deck left invert_deck & deck left select

Hi,
I mapped the SHIFT_PFL of the Prime Go to switch between decks:
device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : on & deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck : on & deck 2 rightdeck

Cheers Jochen

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 8:20 am
DJNombePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I can use it for a external monitor and / or android app Virtual dj Remote?

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 5:31 pm
DJNombe wrote :
I can use it for a external monitor and / or android app Virtual dj Remote?

It is not possible, mainly because the remote app is not updated and many elements of the skin would not work and would not be displayed correctly.

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 6:39 pm
Thx Alex for the answer. Using with the remote app won't work for sure.
But I was playing around with an additional window with the default desktop skin. Would then be possible to put my skin on a separate screen then.

But that was very buggy and I had some crashes. So I won't provide such a solution.

Hope that helped.

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 23 @ 8:25 am
Hey folks,

a new version (v0.2.5) of the extended screen plugin is available containing features and bug fixes:
* Pad Page selection in 4 pad version (Prime GO)
* Fixed browser in 2 deck vertical view, when line spacing is big
* Option to use classic browser view and card view in 2 deck vertical view
* Fixed some colors in daylight mode
* Better Times overview with beat jump display
* Optimize display of additional song information
* Added video FX overlay in big master video view
* Added battery indicator below clock, if laptop is not connected to power cord

Enjoy!

Inviato Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 2:28 pm
So maybe someone can help me. I have a M1 Macbook, running latest version of VDJ, On a Trial Pro License (30 day), and cannot get this skin to work. I do have a Prime GO, and Love the default screen, but when I install this extension and reboot everything, there is no changes.

I've found the directory under /users/xxxxx/etc...... and unzipped the the file just to be sure it didn't need to be manually unzipped, and that didn't solve any issues either.

And yes, I long pressed the View button on the controller to bring up the settings screen.....nothing in there to indicate selecting a new skin....

Any recommendations on how to "activate" this extension?

Brian

Inviato Fri 09 Jun 23 @ 4:25 am
Hey Brian,
seams that you did it the correct way. Did you find the default skin file 'Denon PRIMEGO Screen.zip' in that directory?
Try to delete that file and restart VDJ with the controller connected. VDJ should redownload the file and it should pop up again. Now you're sure you are at the write place. No delete the orignal file again and rename the extend screen file to the dafault name ('Denon PRIMEGO Screen.zip'). Restart VDJ and you should see the new skin.

Hope that helped.

Cheers Jochen

Inviato Fri 09 Jun 23 @ 6:55 am
Thanks! I got it all working now, I now see what needs to be done --- Just renaming everything to be the original files! Great work on this extension! I see that Stems will be coming to the Prime series in the future (engine software), but I'm definitely converting from Serato the Virtual DJ now, this makes the Prime GO such much more fun to DJ on. Time to buy Virtual DJ Pro...

Inviato Wed 21 Jun 23 @ 11:21 pm
44%