Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Recent VDJ 2023 history missing
Hi Guys,

I am running Win 11 with VDJ version b7555. I finished a radio show i produce each week and always go to my vdj history to send off all the track details to the PRS for royalties. However, my history has gone for the whole of 2022 and 2023, there was also no txt file in the virtual dj documents> history folder. I have now created one and played a track for 45 secs and it has logged it ok. The Bios to my asus laptop was updated just before i did my show, could this have caused this problem? I really need that data if possible. Many thanks for any help.

Inviato Thu 11 May 23 @ 11:48 pm
The home folder moved for new installs, check the usual documents>virtualDJ and also the new location with the cog on the settings screen to see if they just need moved.

Inviato Fri 12 May 23 @ 8:40 am
Many thanks for your reply K. My Vdj is not a new install, been installed for two years on the same laptop. I just mentioned that there was a new bios update as that was the only thing that had changed. My portable external hard drive is the same but I have two. I loaded up Vdj and the second one has my files backed up and is not normally plugged in when I load Vdj. This did cause the usual external hard drive I use to change its drive letter to f. However I have changed that back to D and it still only shows history that might have been on the second drive that was accidently plugged in with my normal drive when I started Vdj. This has happened before with the two drives but it has never ever changed the song history.

I looked in the normal Vdj document folder and it just has the folders it shows in Vdj history, 2021 and 2020. There is now a new txt file there which did save the one track I played for more than 45 secs as an experiment. Hope this helps give you more info. Thanks again for any help, much appreciated.

Inviato Fri 12 May 23 @ 12:22 pm
Have you had the deck faders up as it needs to register a track as playing to record history.

Inviato Fri 12 May 23 @ 1:07 pm
Hi all,

I'm migrating from Traktor to VDJ. Been manually beat-gridding all my tracks. Had a break for a few weeks and updated to the lastest version this morning. Now every time I load a track the auto beat-grid kicks in and I lose my manual grids. There's a lot of variable grids for old songs so this is really frustraing cos it takes a while to do thise particular grids. The auto analyze BPM option is off as far as I can tell. How do I stop this or is this a bug? Thanks in advance

Kind Regards,
Adam

Inviato Fri 12 May 23 @ 1:15 pm
Hi K , Yes I recorded my show fine but about 40 mins later I went to get all the track history to send to the PRS and all track history 2022 and 2023 had disappeared. As I said I had an old drive plugged in by accident but shut down Vdj and removed that but I had done that before and it caused non-issue. The only other thing I have done that was different was a bios update. I can only think that the back up drive did something to the history.. nNever ever had a problem like this in the same laptop and Vdj install. The only other weird thing was was my history text file when all of 22 andd 23 history was in the doc folder , only ever showed the last set I had done and nothing before. Around 6 months ago I always had every set going back months and months. All the settings for history keeping are correct and are the same as I have always had and the same way you have said to have them set up, so frustrating, but thanks again for any help
kradcliffe wrote :
Have you had the deck faders up as it needs to register a track as playing to record history.

Inviato Fri 12 May 23 @ 1:50 pm
Would uninstalling Vdj and reinstalling help, presuming I would.lose my settings on the project control skin I use.

Inviato Fri 12 May 23 @ 2:08 pm