Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Touchscreen DJs?
I have always enjoyed doing things in unorthodox or unconventional way. I just got a 22-inch touchscreen monitor and am looking forward to djaying my next set with it instead of a controller.
Anyone care to comment from previous experience or future interest?

Inviato Thu 18 May 23 @ 9:10 pm
While touchscreen monitor technology has improved a lot, touchscreens are not really a good option for most types of DJ-ing.
Most people will talk about input latency, but this has been improved drastically the last years.
However, the lack of physical buttons/sliders to "touch" and the fact that touching something equals triggering it, makes DJ-ing much harder (or akward) than even using a keyboard and a mouse.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few DJ's that use touch screens, and depending on the kind of DJ you are you may find it useful. Just try it. I'm expressing my own personal experience with touch screens.

Inviato Fri 19 May 23 @ 12:13 pm
Thank you for your thoughtful input. I agree with you. I am just having fun exploring different and new ways of doing things.
One aspect I like about touchscreen is that I can use many different skins to play with rather than being stuck with one layout I get with a hardware controller. Additionally, I can even use other DJ software like DJ Pro AI running on macbook.

Inviato Fri 19 May 23 @ 4:59 pm
I'm a full time wedding DJ and have just transitioned to Touchscreen on an Asus ZenBook Pro Duo.

I personally love it. I have been working on the transition for the past year and have finally done it over this winter. I use TouchOSC on my 2nd screen and the VDJ MultiTouch skin on my main screen.

The ability to design TouchOSC to my liking is a huge plus. Labeling all of the buttons/sliders makes it much easier to remember what the function of that button/slider does. I always get sidetracked, whether it's lining up the wedding party, taking requests, talking to photographers, coordinators, etc, etc.

I also run Freestyler lighting that is controller by VDJ (macro commands) via TouchOSC.

I do think TouchScreen has it's limitations depending on what kind of DJ'ing you do. But for some like myself, it has many, many possibilities!

Cheers!

Inviato Tue 30 May 23 @ 4:12 am

Inviato Sat 12 Aug 23 @ 1:08 pm