Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Issues using XDJ-RX2 with build 6569
I recently started using a XDJ-RX2 for smaller gigs and there is an issue with the MIDI mapping or something. When using MIDI mode the color FX is not giving any effect. The buttons flash but nothing happens when turning the color fx knob. And I cannot turn off the button flashing. When running in Hardware mode everything works.
Latest firmware in XDJ-RX2 (1.42)
What could be the issue ?

Inviato Thu 29 Jun 23 @ 3:47 pm
OK so I updated to latest build 7555 and the issue is the same. May anyone advice what should I do?

ISSUES:

1. The four buttons on the sound color FX does not give an effect. The effect button does flash but NOT affect.
2. The effect button can not be turned off
3. If I press SHIFT + an FX button it does stop to flash.
4. I cannot reach the XDJ-RX2 specific PAD PAGE.
5. Color FX pot does ALWAYS control filter whatsoever

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 23 @ 3:51 pm

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 23 @ 4:00 pm
I started with old build 6569 which had the issue, now tried the latest with same...

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 23 @ 4:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Will try to test the above, but before doing this, are you using the factory default Mapping ?

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 23 @ 7:43 pm
Yes only factory default mapping
I also selected ignore and clicked back on factory default mapping just in case it needed refresh.
Still the same.

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 23 @ 7:57 pm
Mobile Zombie wrote :
1. The four buttons on the sound color FX does not give an effect. The effect button does flash but NOT affect.

They work just fine here. If they dont work on your side, perhaps they are deactivated (the labels on the default skin are gray) or for some reason the fake_filter is enabled, but both is not the case with the default mapping.
Is your Audio setup Master + Headphones (for MIDI Mixer mode) ?

Mobile Zombie wrote :
2. The effect button can not be turned off

Indeed, but this was always the case. But since this is how they work in the Hardware mixer mode, we will change the mapping to follow this.
Next mapping update will offer Color FX disable when you press a flashing Color FX button. In case you need to add this to your Custom Mapping, you can replace the actions filter_selectcolorfx with filter_activate for the 4 color FX buttons (e.g. the CCFX_FILTER button will be deck all filter_activate 'Filter' instead of deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'Filter'

Mobile Zombie wrote :
3. If I press SHIFT + an FX button it does stop to flash.
the SHIFT + ColorFX buttons are not mapped, so will execute the same action as the non-SHIFT ones.

Mobile Zombie wrote :
4. I cannot reach the XDJ-RX2 specific PAD PAGE.
The XDJ-RX2 Pads page is replaced with settings in the OPTIONS tab. We have updated the manual. See .. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/xdjrx2/mode/index.html

Mobile Zombie wrote :
5. Color FX pot does ALWAYS control filter whatsoever
Not here. Each COLOR FX button selects the related Color FX

EDIT. We have just pushed the above ColorFX buttons mapping (Nr.2) to the current Released Builds, so they should be available when restart VirtualDJ (silent update)

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 23 @ 11:54 am
Thanks for update!
Regarding the SHIFT+fx button action I can tell and promise you it makes a difference compared to just pressing the fx button.
With SHIFT the flashing stops. But without SHIFT flashing resumes.
However, looking forward to test your updated mapping.
What does a ”silent update” mean? Will it be updated even if not updating the build version?
Thanks!

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 23 @ 3:56 pm
Mobile Zombie wrote :
What does a ”silent update” mean? Will it be updated even if not updating the build version?

Yes. After 2nd restart, your Build number will end at 1973 (see that at the bottom of LICENSES tab of Settings - e.,g. 7555.1973)

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 23 @ 5:23 pm
If I am on an older build will the silent update still be done?
Or must I be at the most recent?

Inviato Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 2:25 pm

Inviato Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 3:40 pm