Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Major Sync bug in b7759
When both decks are in sync and locked, when you mix in a track manually (with the grid wrong) on the down beat, VDJ now moves the waveform on its own backwards or forwards trying to match grid lines to stay in sync. So what happens if the grid lines for the song are not correct (Which happens a lot)? It moves the waveform on its own and makes your mix sound a total mess. Previously you could mix in any song with accurate beat grids or not and they would blend together perfectly as long as you mixed it in manually on the correct downbeat. This one of the main reasons I found VDJ superior in beat matching to any other software. Correct beatgrids or not the songs would still match up perfect by ear or just matching the actual waveform. The waveform would only move if you hit the sync button again while both decks were already playing. Now in b7759 it just moves the waveform on its own which is very annoying. This is similar to the way Djay from algorithm behaves which is the worst for doing long blends. In a perfect world where all your songs are beat gridded perfectly this would be great, but that's not a reality due to some songs being played live etc. Please can you change it back to the way it was in b7607 and earlier. As a person that does perfect long blends, the new build is unusable at this point. I’ve made a video showing what’s going on in both builds. I’ve used several builds of Virtual Dj for over 3 years and never had this problem till b7759.

Inviato Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 3:12 pm
I cannot reproduce with build 7759, that VDJ will sync to the grid, when all auto sync options are OFF.
(when mixing manually)

The Blendmaster wrote :
When both decks are in sync and locked, when you mix in a track manually (with the grid wrong) on the down beat, VDJ now moves the waveform on its own backwards or forwards trying to match grid lines to stay in sync.

When you say, "both decks are synced and locked" was that done manually?
And if so don't understand the next part: "when you mix in a track manually" is this on a 3rd deck?

1) Describe step by step instructions to reproduce. (will test)

2) List any auto sync options you have set to: enabled?

-------------------------------------------------------
PS
I am sure you have seen this amazing video explanation by Klaus
Setting and disabling "Auto" options

Inviato Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 4:22 pm
Please don't describe an issue you may have as a bug unless you have proven that it actually is

Inviato Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 4:42 pm