Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Issues remapping FX pads
Hello, first of all good evening.

I've just acquired a Hercules Inpulse 200 as my first DDJ, have been playing around with my friends for a while, studying, and of course I have more questions the more I learn.

What I'm wondering here is how far does the customization in VDJ go? There are four pads on my Inpulse 200, but two of them are tied to FX I really do not enjoy: Pad2 toReverb (which cuts off the volume on the track that's playing down to 0), and Pad4 to Scratch.

I did manage to go and edit the mapping so that Pad2 is now tied to the 'cut' effect, but it still reduces the volume to 0 (not what I want). And Pad4, no mater what I do, acts as if I'm touching the jog wheel.

On Pad2, for example, I've simply written >effect_select 'cut' in the mapping textbox in the settings (gear icon), and have also went into the Pad Editor and written in >nothing 'HCINP200-FXmode' 'Software' ? effect_select 'Cut' & effect_active : nothing

Nothing seems to relate to the volume of my track, yet it still slides down to silence whenever I press it.

Is this simply an issue of compatibility between hardware and software? Can it be fixed?

For the record, I specifically chose to use VDJ over DJUCED because of some of the effects that are available in one but not in the other.

Inviato Fri 08 Dec 23 @ 4:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
user28197701 wrote :
Nothing seems to relate to the volume of my track, yet it still slides down to silence whenever I press it..

That's because you use the Hardware FX mode and the firmware of the device is programmed to send Volume Midi messages when this Pad is pressed

Read the FX MODE paragraph of this page.. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/hercules/inpulse200/pads.html

The FX mode can operate in Hardware or Software mode.
It is suggested to select the Software FX mode if you intend to do any changes to the pre-defined effects. If the FX modes do not operate as described in the manual (assuming you are using the default Mapping and the default Pads page), then check in Hercules website and install any driver or firmware update.

Do not edit/change the Actions assigned to the Controller keys. E,.g in Software FX mode, the keys are named as PAD_FX_SOFT_x and they should stay as pad x. If you have created a Custom Mapping, revert to factory default if you are not sure what you changed.
The changes for the Software FX mode actions, should be changed from the Pads Editor.

E.g. the action for Pad 1 in Pads Editor is ..
setting 'HCINP200-FXmode' 'Software' ? effect_select 'Cut' & effect_active : nothing
and the red part can be changed to anything

More about Pads Editor .. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/editors/padseditor.html

Inviato Fri 08 Dec 23 @ 1:27 pm