Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ 1000SRT Headphones Cue Issue
I recently switched to the 1000SRT and am having the following issue.

With settings for "autoHeadphones" as ALWAYS or ONLOAD, the onscreen software shows the PLF ccoming on as expected. However, it is not actually on in the hardware (CUE doesn't light up, no cue sound through headphones, but PLF highlighted onscreen as expected.) If I hit the CUE button on the controller, it lights and works as expected while the highlighted PLF onscreen turns off.

In other words, it doesn't matter what is shown onscreen. It's only physically pushing the hardware CUE button that will activate CUE. The highlighted PLF onscreen will respond to the button presses, but it really doesn't matter what is shown onscreen. Also, clicking the onscreen headphone icon does not turn on or off the highlight onscreen (or on the controller for that matter.)

I hope I explained this well. For more reference:

- Previously attached controller was DDJ SX-2.
- Audio Settings are "Separate Decks"
- Switching Audio Settings to "Speaker+Headphones" does not resolve and also has incorrect default outputs for some reason. Master needs to be 3&4 to get sound instead of the default 1&2, and even then acts odd.
- Computer is MSI Sword17, Windows 11, i7 processor, RTX 3050 Ti GPU

Any advice, expertise, or help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Inviato Sat 09 Dec 23 @ 11:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Inviato Sun 10 Dec 23 @ 12:01 am
So if I'm understanding correctly, VDJ is unable to send a "PLF / CUE" command to the mixer because the physical "CUE" button is not MIDI-enabled to receive commands from the software? So I will always have to manually turn on headphone cues when loading a track... like old school hardware mixers? If so.... That sucks. Lol!

Inviato Sun 10 Dec 23 @ 12:08 am
that's correct

Inviato Sun 10 Dec 23 @ 2:05 am
infoPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I have this exact issue and am looking for advice to resolve it having to manually push the headphone/PFL cue on the DDJ-1000SRT

As the original post says, my SX-2 will auto cue the headphones when a new track is loaded, but the DDJ-1000SRT will not. I have also checked if the settings from both the SX-2 and the 1000SRT are the same. This has not resolved the issue.

Any advice is greatly appreciated here. TIA

Inviato Fri 19 Apr 24 @ 7:41 pm
It's not possible to have automatic headphones working with DDJ-1000SRT.
Period.
It's because of the controller's hardware design

Inviato Fri 19 Apr 24 @ 8:39 pm