Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Upgrade my controller
I was thinking about upgrading from the ddj 400 to something better. What do you guys suggest? I wanted something little better to practice scratching on. I was thinking about the Roland 202 or the Numark Mix track platinum. I was in guitar center the other day playing around with the pioneer ddjsx2. I liked how bigger it was since I have big hands. What do you guys suggest for me? I like the Numark Mix track platinum because of the lights inside the jog wheel but I never saw it in real life

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 7:28 pm
So when I upgrad to a different controller so I have to buy the software again?

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 7:30 pm
You will NOT need to upgrade the software, but will need to get the NEW license for the controller you choose.

Also, if wishing to not purchase the Pro license, (or subscribe) where one has access to ALL controllers for life, make sure that the controller you are getting also has a home license available for it (since the many of the higher end controllers, may not be included on the home license list)
(unless the controller you are purchasing comes with a controller license for VDJ, I don't know the details of how that works, or if still possible)

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 8:12 pm
How do I check which controllers have the home license? I'm also interested in the rev-1.

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 8:23 pm

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 8:50 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
You will NOT need to upgrade the software, but will need to get the NEW license for the controller you choose.

Also, if wishing to not purchase the Pro license, (or subscribe) where one has access to ALL controllers for life, make sure that the controller you are getting also has a home license available for it (since the many of the higher end controllers, may not be included on the home license list)
(unless the controller you are purchasing comes with a controller license for VDJ, I don't know the details of how that works, or if still possible)

Ok thanks

Inviato Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 9:28 pm