Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rev-7
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
How do I get The master volume LED to light up on My REV-7 ?

Inviato Sat 11 May 24 @ 3:31 pm
AsTheDJ wrote :
How do I get The master volume LED to light up on My REV-7 ?

Sorry THAt On VDj master volume LED

Inviato Sun 12 May 24 @ 4:17 am
You don't.
Unless you add an extra "dummy" master output on your sound configuration.

DDJ-REV7 uses "external mixer" audio setup (separate decks audio)
This means that VirtualDJ itself does not mix the audio, nor creates a "master channel" audio stream for the vumeters to have something to display.

Inviato Mon 13 May 24 @ 6:09 am
ok

Inviato Sat 18 May 24 @ 10:30 am
How can I do that did a Set On VDJ-radio & NO audio but info was showing

Inviato Fri 24 May 24 @ 1:11 am
???
I cannot understand the question.

Inviato Fri 24 May 24 @ 8:05 am
How can I Set This Up ?

PhantomDeejay wrote :
You don't.
Unless you add an extra "dummy" master output on your sound configuration.
How can I set this Up ?
DDJ-REV7 uses "external mixer" audio setup (separate decks audio)
This means that VirtualDJ itself does not mix the audio, nor creates a "master channel" audio stream for the vumeters to have something to display.

Inviato Mon 27 May 24 @ 1:13 am
You're still don't saying exactly what you want, therefore I still cannot understand the question.

I have answered to you why you cannot see the master vumeters moving.

Assuming that you ask how to make "some" vumeters show "something" then:

1) When Recording/Broadcasting VirtualDJ uses the record loopback channels of REV7. This means that whatever REV7 plays on master channel, is also recorded in VirtualDJ. This also means that the RECORD vumenters on the skin will move and show the INCOMING audio level (the audio recording peaks)

2) On your sound setup, add an output (maybe to your laptop speakers) and set it as "Master" channel.
This will create a master channel in VirtualDJ and the vumeters will start working.
HOWEVER this "hack" may cause several unexpected behavior issues, and it's not advise to use your system like that on a real gig. Only at home for fun.
The main reason is the difference between latency buffers of the 2 sound interfaces, and the fact that motorized decks are more resource sensitive.

Inviato Mon 27 May 24 @ 8:02 am
This happened to me at the start of my Gig. The issue I had was I updated the Pioneer control app, but did not install the new 2.01 firmware. After installing the new firmware, and switched my Port from B to A, the peak lights came back on, and everything functioned as normal.

Inviato Wed 29 May 24 @ 2:42 pm