I have a Katana GF66 12UE when I DJ & for a controller, i use a DDJ-1000, no issues. I use to used a DDJ REV 7 but I stopped using it because in more recent times, it would randomly just skip in the middle of me DJing. & I recently used a DDJ FLX 10 & it started skipping randomly just like the Rev7 which makes it a lil scary to upgrade. Why is it that I have no issues with the DDJ 1000 but issues with the Rev7 & the Flx 10? If I need to get a new laptop, what laptop should i get? I preferably would like to stay in Windows, I like to customize my laptops & its harder & more expensive to that to a Mac.
Inviato Wed 19 Aug 26 @ 9:53 am
Surface Pro's (Intel versions) have been problemfree for me. I had a Surface Pro 10, and now upgraded to a Surface Pro 11, which makes realtime stem separation possible.
Inviato Sat 22 Aug 26 @ 8:17 am
I have good experience with asua ROG G14 zephyrus
With other software
With other software
Inviato Fri 18 Sep 26 @ 12:45 pm
What is the CPU and graphics card specification of the Katana GF66? Did you wipe and reinstall windows afresh when you bought it?
Inviato Sat 19 Sep 26 @ 11:52 pm
Someone mentioned Microsoft Surface Pro - Intel version. I am actually running on Snapdragon / ARM version! A year or so ago there were still issues with drivers etc. I am running a Pioneer DDJ-RX when I have the space and a small Hercules Starlight as portable, and at that time they would only run with Windows built in audio drivers, but lateley even native Pioneer ASIO drivers work for the DDJ. Microsoft apparently added some compatibility support for ARM.
The thing is - this little computer rocks! I can run VDJ on battery with my portable setup for hours (haven't measured, but for sure all night, 5 hours plus). Live stems separation and all, on battery! Performance is never an issue if performance priority is set low for song load and stems fix. Quality is still same, just lower prio.
Highly recommended!
The thing is - this little computer rocks! I can run VDJ on battery with my portable setup for hours (haven't measured, but for sure all night, 5 hours plus). Live stems separation and all, on battery! Performance is never an issue if performance priority is set low for song load and stems fix. Quality is still same, just lower prio.
Highly recommended!
Inviato 7 days ago @ 9:19 pm
Consider a Lenovo Legion Pro gaming laptop.
Inviato 7 days ago @ 10:10 pm





