Okay so I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I found a small issue while creating a skin.
I created a scratchwave but when the song was playing, there was a flickering in the drawn box. It turned out that i had a <square> below it with a gradient fill, it appears to be when the waveform redraws while the background panel is also being re-rendered with a gradient, the engine can end up repainting the same pixel area twice, blending alpha/gradient values differently across frames
exposing a visible flash or shimmer at the waveform boundary.
When changing it to a solid fill, this flickering stops. Its no big deal as I was just using the gradient fill to make it a bit more realistic and not look so flat. but would be a nice feature if a gradient fill could be used.
I created a scratchwave but when the song was playing, there was a flickering in the drawn box. It turned out that i had a <square> below it with a gradient fill, it appears to be when the waveform redraws while the background panel is also being re-rendered with a gradient, the engine can end up repainting the same pixel area twice, blending alpha/gradient values differently across frames
exposing a visible flash or shimmer at the waveform boundary.
When changing it to a solid fill, this flickering stops. Its no big deal as I was just using the gradient fill to make it a bit more realistic and not look so flat. but would be a nice feature if a gradient fill could be used.
Inviato Mon 14 Sep 26 @ 3:07 am
Could you share the skin?
Inviato Wed 16 Sep 26 @ 7:00 am
It is still being built, but heres a screenshot of where I am up to....
Inviato Wed 16 Sep 26 @ 7:53 am
It has become a bigger problem than first expected, as you can see in the screenshot, you get a weird shadow when using gradients. It seems you can not use a gradient below any function. I have a gradient background on the full skin.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Anyone have any suggestions?
Inviato Sat 19 Sep 26 @ 4:44 am





