Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Windows 95

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello.

I've just discovered the Automix 2.0 software. I love it! It's fabulous, but requires a Pentium 3 or better to run it.

My laptop is a Pentium 133 running Windows 95. :(

So...does anyone know if earlier versions of Automix will run on Pentium 133 PC with Windows 95? If so, is anyone willing to sell me their old software?

Or, can anyone recommend any DJ software that will run on a Pentium 133/Windows 95 laptop?

Thanks,

JK in Toronto

Inviato Sat 09 Mar 02 @ 8:46 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
You can run Atomix 2.0 on a P166 with win 95 (I sometimes do it) but it isn't very smooth... ;) lol I don't think there is really "good" DJ software which can run on a P133. That's really extremely slow, sorry. I even don't think the 1.12 will run very smooth, but I'm not shure about that.
I don't think anyone will sell you his 1.12 copy, because with Atomix all updates are free, so if he'd sell you his license (in fact, I don't think he even is allowed to do that), he will'nt have Atomix 2.0 or 2.1 neither.
I'd suggest to buy a new PC if you can? Even a PIII 450 is sufficient to run Atomix 2 (that's my config.)

Greetz, ikke

Inviato Sat 09 Mar 02 @ 8:57 pm
YES !!! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO LIVES IN TORONTO !!!!!! I'm from the west end.

I had atomix 1.12 (Thats the older version) running on my old P133 Win95 and 16 Ram ... it would not run .... It was just too slow and it would crash.

Atomix 2.0 (the newest one) ran fine on my PII 233 ! I know laptops are expensive but something like that is worth upgrading ! There is a place in Richmond Hill that sells them pretty cheap (www.maxium.net/warehousedirect). You can get a PII 233 Laptop for $299.

WHY would you want to run any other DJ programs out there in the first place ? Are you Crazy :-)

GLAD to help !
Dave.
-- If it ain't broken, don't fix it .... if it sounds crazy, remix it. --

Inviato Sat 09 Mar 02 @ 9:11 pm
One of the way for running the program smoother is to reduce the curves screen in the skin. 1.12 ran better.

RvN

Inviato Sat 09 Mar 02 @ 9:28 pm
This is a message for Dave from Toronto.

I also live in the west end of the city and would like to find out that place in Richmond Hill that sells the used laptops.

I like Automix so much I think I will buy a new, faster laptop...

Can you please drop me a note at streetsoul@hotmail.com

Thanks!

JK

Inviato Sat 09 Mar 02 @ 9:52 pm
that ATOMIX not automix.

Inviato Sat 09 Mar 02 @ 11:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)