Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mp3s problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

Has anyone else suffered with mp3s either stuttering or just freezing altogether the problem is driving me nuts.

does the pro mp3 player stop all these problems rather than using the comp to play the mp3s ??????

any advice appreciated

Paul

Inviato Sat 27 Jul 02 @ 6:29 pm
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
Your problem is strange, please elucidate.

Do you mean the playing freezes when running the MP3s through Atomix, or when running them through any MP3-capable players?

Please send us information on your operating system and system hardware.

Inviato Sat 27 Jul 02 @ 6:55 pm
Hi,

yes the skipping and stuttering of mp3's only happens on atomixmp3.

using sony viao laptop
256mb ram
windows xp
using 2 soundcards one extixy and one on board laptop

Inviato Sat 27 Jul 02 @ 7:19 pm
Have you tried using only one of your two soundcards ?

Inviato Sat 27 Jul 02 @ 8:02 pm
No I havent and am not sure how to connect it. I mean surely best to use the extigy external sound card do u have to use the y splitter technique???????

Inviato Sat 27 Jul 02 @ 8:20 pm
Your problem is exactly the same of DJ Yayo (look at the shearch). Try with an another OS (with a w9x for ex., for a mutli-boot with wXP).

Inviato Sun 28 Jul 02 @ 9:50 am
Hi,

Thanks for all the advice I dont think I got it quite as bad as the other fella, The most annoying bit about mine is it either the mp3 stutters or skips once or twice while recording a 80 min mix.

I think I will try expanding with a external hard drive to hold the mp3's or has anyone got any experience with the external mp3 players from numark and advice would be great just frustrating when u got one slip in a recorded mix.

Many thanks Paul

Inviato Sun 28 Jul 02 @ 2:45 pm
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
Hi,

I use AtomixMP3 from my laptop and it runs just fine. However, after about 90 mins of play I start to get problems:

1. Highlighting the playlist gets really slow - I mean I click on a song and start to move the cursor up or down with the arrow keys. However - I start to see a lag between hitting the key and the bar on the screen moving.

2. Once the above glitch starts, it is only a matter of 10 mins until the playing deck will stutter as I put a new song on the non-playing deck. It will usually stutter about 8-10 times before continuing.

The laptop is a PIII 300. If anyone has solved this problem I'd love to know how. At present I have to switch to playing a CD, shut down the laptop and reboot. It's not the end of the world but it's a pain.

Many thanks,

Jack.

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 03 @ 3:52 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think perhaps I notice a slight stutter (visual, not audible) if I have all of the auto functions active (auto gain, auto bpm, etc... Not auto play) and load a track that has never been played or scanned before. I suppose it has to do with expecting Atomixmp3 to do so many tasks at once. As soon as you drop an unplayed track on the deck it does a quick scan of it and tries to determine the bpm and gain, then at the same time it's trying to automatically set the pitch and so on. You can limit this a little bit by being sure that if you are going to play a new track, analyze it first. I think this helps the program to not have to do so many things in that instant that the track hits the deck.
This is just my theory, go ahead and shoot it full of holes :-)

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 03 @ 5:27 pm
Hi,

I had the exact same problem with atomix. The difference being that it only happened to me when i upgraded my drivers for my sound card. The sound started skipping in places and was very annoying.

I still have kinda of a problem now because i have to switch down my hardware acceleration in order for atomix to work properly. Maybe try doing that to see if it stops skipping?? I dont know if turning down the acceleration can cause a decrease in sound quality tho??

Just a suggestion...

Dj Storm

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 03 @ 6:16 pm
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
Thanks guys,

I know it's not the "analyse" problem as I never play new tracks live - mostly because of the gain problem. Also I have the rest of the auto functions turned off. I will check the setting on the acceleration, although I think I have it turned down already, but it's worth checking.

What I WILL do, now that it's been mentioned, is check my soundcard drivers to see if there are new ones available.

Cheers,

Jack.

Inviato Thu 10 Apr 03 @ 3:42 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)