Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Visual Beat Diplay Delay

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just upgraed from a sony vaio notebook, PII 266Mhz, 256Mb to a rack-mounted vaio P4 2Ghz, 512Mb. When I ran on my notebook, the beats were a little choppy in movement. Now that I have 20 times the processing power (and still disabled eq, scratch, etc.) the beat shows at mid-window, then slowly is rendered to the right until it catches up with the right boundary. This problem is even more evident with eq and scratch enabled, so I generally disable them. Even when I hit an FX, the display loses ground, and takes a LONG time to render out to the right. My question is this: Why did I get better rendering of the beat on a computer with a fraction of the power. I went from a slow laptop to a fast desktop. Could it be my video card? I only have a video card built on the motherboard, no PCI card on my new comp. Another time this eveident is when clicking on the progress bar and skipping forward. Why does it take so long to render? If I am in the mix, hitting loops, fx's, stopping, cueing, pausing, the active track satrts the beat rendering in the middle of the mix window until I let it sit for like 20 secs, and slowly catches up to the right side. I am very frustrated!!!! Any Ideas?

Inviato Tue 15 Oct 02 @ 10:12 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)