Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Tune Shifting

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

We need the ability to change the tune or tone of the music without modifying it's speed. 2 tracks can be matched in their BPM, but they may be completely out of tune. (sounds horrible) If we could raise or lower the tone of the sound (similar to speeding or slowing on turntables makes a lower or higher pitch sound) but without changing the BPM it would allow us to make two songs harmonic that might otherwise be impossible to do. I know we can change the BPM without altering the tone, but can we do the reverse? Should be simple.

Thoughts/Ideas?

Inviato Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 6:25 am
A phase-shifter(/-plugin)? It's probably possible but I'm worried about how the timestretch combined with a phaseshifter would sound.. they do the exact opposite and both add a small amount of distortion...

First the timestretch would have to adjust both tracks to keep their original tune, compensating for the pitchchange, and then the phaseshifter would have to alter the tune further without changing pitch/speed.

My own (limited) experiences with phaseshifters tells me that the phaseshifting is often resulting in a rather choppy sound as the most common way to do this is to slice up the audio and pitchchange those slices and then reassemble them to one chunk... but that's just my own, uneducated conclusions of what's happening.

Inviato Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 12:22 pm
Timestretch already exisits in atomix. We just need to reverse the ability. Most users select the option of changing the speed without changing the tone. We just need to change the tone without changing th speed.

get it?

it's possible and fairly easy, without huge loss in quality-- based upon the notion that timestretch is used frequently by most users without major loss in quality.

Inviato Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 1:05 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Actually, time stretching and tone shifting are very complicated, especially when it comes to doing it in real time. Atomix does a good job of time stretching in real time, but it still isn't perfect. I dont even use it because of that, and if I have a track that I really want to use to mix with others, I use a stand alone time stretching program to bring it closer to my target bpm.

It souldn't be too hard to come up with something, but dont expect a perfect quality, or cpu requirements as low as they are now. They might need to add on a "400Mhz minimum, 700Mhz with time/pitch changing".

Grimm

Inviato Wed 17 Jul 02 @ 12:27 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)