Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: adjusting the pitch slider degrades the sound quality

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

karelHome userMember since 2002
for listening to the widest frequency range of sound, I am using sony mdr-v600 studio monitor headphones. But it is not necessary, the noises can be picked up with regular 3 way speakers as well.

- load up an mp3 in atomix at its normal pitch.
- now slide the pitch up or down a little bit.

result: the sound quality is degraded

notes:
- it is unoticable in the sample mp3s that come with atomix.
- it appears to only happen with certain types of sounds.
- editing the already clean mp3 file in a sound editor and trying to clean it up, did not have any effect.
- a friend of mine discovered this problem at the same time on his own. He says: "like in a track when you have a part that is mostly quiet with no beat..just a melody....it's more noticable."
- i dont rememeber this happenning in version 1.12, i will dig through my backup cds to find it and install it so that i can continue testing.

thanks,
- Karel

version: atomixmp3 2.1
hardware: PIII 700, SB Live! 5.1

Inviato Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 10:05 pm
I have noticed Atomix adds artifacts to the wave output too. This happens not only in version 2.0/2.1 but also in 1.12.

You will notice it better when there is less percussion on the song. So a tiny melody will be a good example to test. At normal pitch, the artifacts are not noticeable.

I will suggest to recheck and upgrade the pitch control algorythm...

cheers

zamo

version: atomixmp3 2.1 (EQ shortcuts sucks btw)
hardware: PIII 500, 2 Turtle Beach Montego II

Inviato Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 10:19 pm
karelHome userMember since 2002
the artifacts are more prominent when 'time stretch: disabled'

- Karel

Inviato Fri 19 Apr 02 @ 3:20 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)