Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Okay, here's my idea(s)...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have three 21" moniters on my office system (where I am testing VDJ), and if I were forced to go back to the one 15" or 17" that almost everyone else is using, I think I might possibly lose my mind out of sheer frustration. Anyway,.. the point being that this system (multiple monitors) works out VERY well, and I have become accustomed to it.

I have always had a very large, and elaborate mobile console, and I am now building a new one, with two embedded 19" flat LCD monitors. With only a backup turntable & CD player, I plan to let VDJ handle the remainder of the tasks.

Rather than use these displays with the "multi instance" now availible, I would much prefer to have the music lists on one screen, with maybe one small player at the top (that would be three, and that's plenty). This would leave much more room on the other monitor for the VDJ visual interface... More space for larger numerical displays, more buttons, etc...

I am also building a custom, ergonomically intuitive control console to better facilitate the operation of the program, and would very much like to have the option of a serial output that I can utilize as a source of information to drive a controller for LED indicators and digital readouts on the console that would indicate on/off conditions, levels, etc.

I can easily produce an ascii output from the console and use the key board interface by adding an A/B switch, but would preffer to use a serial connection for the command interface. One other thing,.. it would be simple to embed a couple of flywheels with encoders attached, into the console face for scratching, if I could only interface the encoder outputs with the actual software.

Your thoughts,.. comments?

BTW --> I am using a heavily modified version of the black "mix station" skin as my current interface. I'd like to say "thank you" to the developer.

Inviato Thu 01 Jan 04 @ 6:34 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)