Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Search by BPM

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inviato Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 7:27 am
I second that. But I would also like a "detailed search". Ie, you enter in a range of acceptable BPMs but then then still have the ability to search those results for partular artists or genres.

Inviato Sun 18 Jan 04 @ 8:38 pm
yes range would rock!

Inviato Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 9:46 am
in the early days.. Deejays had knowledge of their own music. they knew all about their records. Artists, songname, genre, the image of the cover, and... the SPEED of a song.

Today's DeeJays know sh*t about their tracks and need tools like VDJ to mix (auto-bpmatch and autogain).
I use VDJ too, but i still mix tracks the hard way, i really don't need features like auto-BPM, timestretch, autogain.
It is nice that VDJ has these features, but it breakes down the image of digital deejays as it it too easy to mix tracks. everybody can do mixing with VDJ. it's no big deal.

so, my point is: developers of VDJ can spend their time more useful by improving the soundquality/stability and improving the excisting features. There's no need for new features. Everything you need is already in VDJ.

Inviato Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 12:02 pm
whatever!

I started on tables way back when. This seems like another you suck cause you use a computer post. Truth be known pcdj red written in about 98 had this. I feel it makes me more creative to search by bpm so I can throw a track in maybe that wasn't off the top of my mind. I challange you to remember all the songs in my 30,000+ collection. In the heat of a gig you may forgot about that old hip hop song that may mix with some of the newer stuff.

Inviato Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 9:02 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
OK, here's what I did. I have painstakenly made sure that all of my remixes have in the title somewhere the word mix. When I'm working a dance set, I simply search the word mix, and sort them by BPM. Then I scroll to the BPM area that I'm working, and there I go...
now depending on what requests I have pending, I'll either work my way up in BPM, or down in BPM to get me to where I need to be.
This seems to work pretty good.

(by the way, I also have been doing this for 15 years. I hauled turntables, and crates of vinyl out for years... This is the only way to go.)
It took me almost 2 years to encode my entire music archives. Time well spent. Now all the old vinyl, and even the CD's are in the basement where they belong.
I carry out about 24,000 songs every time I leave the house. How many crates of Vinyl is that?
When the dance floor is throbbing, they don't care where the music is coming from, they only care if you pull out the right tracks, and hit the mixes. :-)

Inviato Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 10:48 pm
to stay 'ontopic' i admit that searching by bpm is a handy feature, but you don't really need it.

Inviato Fri 23 Jan 04 @ 10:00 am
Yeah, but we also dont NEED samples, FX, auto mixing, etc. Hell, we dont even NEED Virtual DJ. Virtual DJ is a tool to make our lives easier. I can gurantee, if there was a ability to search for a particular BPM range then damn near all people will use that feature rather than have everything written down on a list or committed to memroy. Thats what this is about... Tools that would be useful to most people, not tools that are NEEDED. Obviously at this point no tools are NEEDED otherwise it wouldnt meet your needs and you would not be using VDJ.

Inviato Sat 24 Jan 04 @ 7:21 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)