Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Reinstall Windows

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi

Just a quick question for you. Once a year I reinstall windows. I do this to get a fresh start and to get rid of all the crap that builds up over time on my computer.

My question is will I have to reinstall and reset all my Virtual DJ settings etc or can I copy the Virtual DJ folder from the c:/program files and put it back without having to reinstall Virtual DJ?

Thanks

Peace

JumpinJim

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 7:19 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can copy the whole VDJ folder to the back-up drive, and then run it from their or yes copy it back, it should work, but their is no reason why you can't test this before you do the re-install?.

The two main back-up files that have your database and comments/bpms etc are:

mp3database.txt - the result from your system scan (not really needed)
VirtualDJ Database - all your bpms etc

additionaly:
history.txt - what you played and when (I would keep this out of interest)

You ONLY need to back up these files individually if you uninstall VDJ completely and do a fresh install, you shouldn't need to do this.

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 9:02 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
and also save the effects folder if you have tried all effects from this website and kept only the interesting ones, same for samples!

Inviato Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 10:51 pm
@Bagpuss

I have a USB drive that I scanned on my friends computer. I analyzed all the music and 22 hours later it was finished. I really do not want to do that again on my fresh laptop install of the pro version I just purchased. There is no problems if I take the database from my friends PC with all my music and move it to my laptop?

Inviato Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 7:49 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
GiraffeHunter:

You should be able to copy the database file over, no problem. VDJ tracks songs by their size, so even if you put songs in a different folder or give them a different name, it should still be able to recognize them and therefore show the correct BPM, etc.

If you use ID3 tags, then the size could change and so that data would have to be stored within the file itself.

Inviato Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 9:08 pm
Thanks man

Inviato Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 9:37 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Brendan Ford (Bagpuss) was out of town to answer this question, however I did forward an alternative Brendan Ford to answer the question.., I'm becoming so popular I'm considering whether it's worth buying a third Brendan Ford to cover us on our days off :).

Inviato Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 7:44 pm
you should make a copy of your VDJ folder into a zip file i.e.
Why? Because you are sure having all necessery information :)

playlist folder, shortcut file, history file, and so on.

Inviato Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 9:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)