Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How To Create A Recordcase

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have searched, and read the manual, and still don't have a clear idea of how to do this. Maybe I am expecting too much, because of another software I have. I don't see a "monitor this folder" or a drag and drop feature. I can get some music, but not all, and the search only brings up a few tracks. It is not searching everywhere. If I click a group, it gives me the sub groups, not whats in the whole group. And what is that "datacase"? It has no rhyme or reason. The "set root folders", what does that actually do? So can someone tell me how to start over, because obviously, I did not do this right. I mean really, from the beginning. You can be as simple as you like, because I am slow. If this is in the wrong place, move it. If this info is already listed, give me a link to it.

Peace
Rick

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 5:39 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I really don't have the time to answer all of your questions right now (going to work), but you'll find them soon..
I know you're comming from that software (lke may of us, including myself)
You'll see that vdj use a really "clever" file management, it looks simple but has really some great advantages. The database works in some "automatic" way (no load- no save)
In fact there are 2 databases, and this let you move and organize songs the last minute and ready to update and run in seconds. I had major problems with the other soft... to this..
Use playlists as recordcase if you wish as an option....
I'm going to spin... good luck

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 7:23 pm
Thanks for the reply. Check back when you get a chance. PCDJ works great for me, it just does not offer video. When I saw what VDJ could do, I jumped at the chance. Anyone else like to help a brother out?

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 7:31 pm
Rick,

The very top item in your recordcase is the "Database" button, right click and select "Scan HD" (whichever one your music is on) then anytime you have the main database selected and you do a search it will search everthing on your HDD. In VDJ you cannot search master folders, you must open the root folder to search the files.
You can also open up the tree on the recordcase side until you find your music folders, once you have the folder open click on the "red folder" at the top right of the recordcase area, this will make a direct shortcut to the specific folder.

Good Luck

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 7:53 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Acutally Rusty, if you highlight the root folder and select "show all" it will open all of the sub folders as one.

Rick, it's all in the language.
If you have PCDJ running and understand it you just need some time with VDJ.
It's actually less work to use imo.

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 12:50 am
Thanks Rick, did not know that!

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 1:58 am
ok, ok, ok,. Let's see what we have here. To search, the database has to be highlighted. This will search "all", I have three internal, and will add two external HD's? Rick, I tried the rt click on the folder thing, and that's what I was looking for. It seems like an extra step, but it works. I still don't get the whole root thing. There is already a lot going on, on that side. This just seems to add to it. I did something and this (recursing) started. Is this the equivalent to refreshing? If so, how do you get there, intentionally, after you add more tracks? Another thing. The page down does not work in the recordcase. When I click on the blank space, below or above the arrows, it does not move the cursor bar at all, forget about rapidlly. Is there a setting i'm missing?

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 2:28 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Hi again.
First of all you must understand that there are 2 databases in vdj, both stored in the program's folder.
1. VirtualDJ Database.xml
This is your important database, all user settings (cues, comments) and track analyzing settings (gain, bpm) are there. BACK UP this database often.
It has all your "analyzed" tracks inside in a "relative" way (does not contain paths)
2. mp3database.txt
This is the "search" database, it is not so important because you can update it or re-create it in seconds. It is just a list with your current files+parhs.

The .xml database is saved automatically everytime you close the program.
The .txt needs manually scan/update with your music/video files.

Terminology:
"Analyzing" has to do with the xml database, while "SCAN" is something you do with the search database.

About the keyboard keys, they are all programmable.
You probably use the default settings, and if, for example, page and arrow keys are assigned to other commands, they don't do the normal explorer functions.
My advice is : spend some time to create your own keyboard shortcuts.
It is the "hidden" power of virtualdj imo.

End of ...lesson for today, i think you've learned enough !

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 3:00 am
For me, school is never closed. If someone is up, you will find me up, till 3-4am. I'm a DJ, and am used to burning the candle at both ends. I was not talking about keyboard commands. I am talking about mouse functions. The bar to the right of the recordcase, that lets you scroll up or down. Like the little bar that's to the right of this post. Normally, if you click in the open space, you scroll very fast. Mine does not work in VDJ, but works in all other programs. That's why I thought there might be a setting I was missing. Thanks for the info, every little bit helps.

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 5:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)