Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Karaoke Playback Probs

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have tried the following methods to generate a cdg/compressed file combo that will play in VDJ with A) the video showing up, and B) VDJ not crashing. None work.

Audiograbber 128/.MP3 + .CDG file with Lame encoder
Audiograbber 192/.WMA + .CDG file with Windows Media encoder
Tricerasoft CDG Ripper Demo 192/.MP3 + .CDG file with whatever encoder they use out of the box.

1) If anyone has settings for audiograbber to rip 192 bit compressed file + .CDG file that will play successfully in VDJ I would appreciate it.

2) Or should I get a different ripper?

3) Or should I not use the built in karaoke feature of Virtual DJ and go with a hoster. If so, which one?
(note I am cautious about option 3 since I am already running VDJ for MPEG2 videos and 192/WMA audio playback and running MS Paint to create slides for my VDJ slideshow AND am running Traction 2 so I can run the microphones through their compression/reverb/delay plugins live w no outboard equipment. At some point I will be getting memory/CPU probs.)

Hope I'm not being to long winded...... :-)

THANKS!

Inviato Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 11:01 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dan - afew questions -

1. Do the mp3's of the rip play by themselves with no problems?
2. Are you zipping the mp3 and cdg files together?
3. Are the files all the same exact name with only the extensions different?
- very critical in VDJ -

cstoll

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 1:23 am
1) if i select the .cdg it plays a few seconds and shows the graphics and then crashes the program.
if i play the mp3 it plays fine but no graphics.

2) i am not zipping them together. do i have to?

3) yes.

thanks.

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 1:27 am
1) I will will test your settings and get back to you on this one.
2) No zipping is not necessary, but may help and just don't forget to add the extension to the 'Extensions' tab in 'Config' and choose the Karaoke/CDG Decoder as the decoder type.
3) Good.

Will get back to you on number 1 here shortly.

cstoll

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 1:55 am
got some well - Good News and Bad News

First the Bad News --
I only used AudioGrabber to rip down a karaoke track and unfortunately I had complete success with no problems. I was able to leave the cdg and mp3 seperate and create a zipped version and they all worked as expected.

The Good News --
is that I could not get the WMA rip to work. But I think this is a limitation of VDJ, but not sure.

But with the default settings out of the box with AudioGrabber I was able to get an mp3+cdg rip to work.

Sorry I haven't been any real help to solving your problem. How long does it take to rip your tracks? Are you doing them in bulk selections or have you tried just ripping one to see if a single rip will work? It could be a performance issue in trying to rip in bulk?

cstoll

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 2:48 am
THANKS for your help so far!

Okay, the only reason I am going with WMA is that the Lame encoder doesn't seem to do 192 compression. But I will try a 128 MP3 and try doing just a single track and try zipping that as well.
I will also try to do a bulk rip but at a lower speed if it lets me. Obviously with about 12,000 karaoke songs i will have to find a solution that lets me do it in bulk.

If anyone has ideas on the best way to do this I would appreciate it.

I am thinking about getting with another DJ in my area and we will compare collections and each rip half of the discs we have in common and swap. That will cut the labor in half.

I wish someone would come up with a service that would do the following: You fedex them your entire collection of CDGs so they know you really own them. The immediately fedex them back to you. They mail you all the MP3s and CDGs (from their own stockpile) for your discs. This would prevent us all spending hundreds of hours ripping the same songs all over the world. No idea on the legality of this though.

Inviato Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 12:32 am
"the Lame encoder doesn't seem to do 192 compression." Go into the MP3 settings of AudioGrabber and with the Lame encoder selected in the drop down, slide the slider all the way to the right -- 192k.

Then rip as normal in the MP3+CDG selection, this should give you a 192k MP3.

which set do you have? Email me - check my blog.

cstoll

Inviato Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 3:56 am
I have the latest Audiograbber and LAME encoder as far as I know since I just downloaded them. The LAME encoder is listed as an external encoder and once you click on external in Audiograbber the slider disappears and there are just options listed for different encoder settings and 128 is as far as the LAME one lists.

Inviato Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 11:08 am
gpmaxHome userMember since 2005
Hi
I'm using VDJ 2.5 ,when i want to use karaoke a message is displayed that no matching cdg file found.
Tell me what is cdg file and how can i get these cdg files .

Inviato Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 8:53 am
Audiograbber is free and will make them from a CDG disc. Just load it in and Audiograbber has an option to grab the CDG and the MP3 files. But it seems to be buggy on my computer. Im still trying to figure it out myself.

Inviato Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 5:44 pm
I use audiograbber to rip karaoke cds to a MP3 & CDG file.

When I play some songs, the graphics appear OK in the beginning and then get garbled as the song goes on. I have tried ripping on both my desktop and laptop with the same results.

Don't know if I have a problem with Audiograbber, Virtuatl DJ or my laptop.

Help.

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 2:37 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
slow your rip of cdg's to 4x unless you have a plextor drive.

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 7:37 pm
This is NOT always a PLEXTOR solution, Cyder... sorry to disagree.... Sound Choice versus DK disks will yield different results... often time if you are ripping a disk that is inferior, you will end up with problems.

For example, I just purchased a NEW CDG.... I took the CDG the day I got it and put it in my plextor drive (not a real plextor engine I'm sad to say). When I did this, I was left with some bad graphics in some of the lyrics... this is attributed NOT to the CDG method NOR the disk drive you use to rip the disk but 99% of the time, the quality of the disk....

Think about it, when you go out to buy disks to burn DVD or Audio to, do you look at the price or WHERE it was made? Japan makes the better discs... I have NEVER seen one made in America but wouldn't buy it anyway.... Korea, India, and china produce low quality disks but less expensive than better quality discs.... the result is that ripping WILL be effected by this.

Inviato Sun 07 May 06 @ 8:43 am
I must agree with Cyder on this one. One of the first signs that a drive isn't doing CDG correctly is the fact that it will start off ok, then get worse as the song goes on. I have actually had it where it was ok for a few songs on a disc then as I got higher on the disc it got crappier and crappier. Cheers Brian

Inviato Thu 11 May 06 @ 11:34 am
I should note that I didn't contradict Cyder on the burn speed.... some would even recommend with certain brands 1x, fyi... I was just saying the Plextor issue.

Inviato Thu 11 May 06 @ 11:49 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)