Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Dac- 3 Midi drivers are here - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Gferreal,

Interesting name.

I don't want to get into a "hissy" match with you. I thought you comments were good and also quite amusing. However, I was just using my OWN experience with the XP10's. As a working DJ also, I was using the XP10's at a gig when I pressed down on the cue button and it went into the "plastic Housing" so when I referenced "a Plastic Product" I should have been more clear about my experience.

I have never had that problem with a DUAL CD Player. That was one of the reasons I decided to go with the DAC-3. I can't have another thing to worry about at a gig (With the XP10's I did).

If they constructed the XP10's with the materials of a dual Player (i.e rubber buttons & metal casing) it would be right at PAR with the DAC-3. I agree with you that playing with XP10's live looks better but I would also suggest that a dual player is just as professional. That's like the Vinyl heads saying your not a real DJ if you spin CD's or Mp3's.

Just my thoughts :)

Inviato Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 7:26 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello guys who use virtual dj. can anyone please help. I have virtual dj 3.1 and I bought a Dac-3 controller. Im running windows xp home and I have a laptop compaq 3mhz processor with 2 megs of ram
fire wire hook up and I cannot get my dac -3 to do anything, It works fine with pc dj blue , but I feel virtual dj is so much more dj oriented. I need help Can somone please give me some help....I cannot get the dac to work I have installed the midi yoke driver and it is in the control panel and properties say functioning properly. when I load the dac -3 to the midi yoke it comes up i load the VDJ presets then and click start. then i open up virtual dj and select the midi check box and , no luck nothing. Ive tried so many things and cant get it to interface with virtual dj.. I even tried firewire 410 soundcard and it did not work either Im lost and ... I see some of you guys seem to be using it so ....How can I get mine to work.......

DJ JAmm

Inviato Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 10:29 pm
Did you tick the box to use the loaded VDJ preset? This will remap the MIDI codes transmitted by the DAC-3 so that they will work correctly with the MIDI mapper in VDJ, but you will need to map each button, slider, etc. individually as a shortcut in VDJ (Won't be neccessary when native support is added, like in PCDJ.)

To do this yourself, go into Setup/Config and Keyboard Shortcuts. Click Add and then press a button on the DAC-3. If it's working, you should see MIDI and a number appear. Choose the shortcut to assign it to from the lists below (E.g: deck_controls -> play_pause) and click OK.

To save time, you can download pre-made MIDI shortcuts from http://www.jcdigita.com/virtualdj - Simply add these to C:\Program Files\VirtulDJ\shortcuts.xml (Make a backup of this file first!) Copy all the lines into VDJ's shortcuts file and then restart VDJ (You should not need to restart the DAC-3 MIDI driver.)

Inviato Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 2:10 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
when i press a button on the dac 3 I do not get this (you should see MIDI and a number appear)so i guess v dj and my controller arent connecting but, the mid yoke is connecting the dac

Inviato Sat 05 Nov 05 @ 1:30 am
I had (infact, still have) the same problem with the DAC-3 on one of my PC's - just won't regonise it at all - I tried different virtual midi ports, I removed all other midi devices, and even changed my soundcard to a maya 44 mk2 which doesn't have a midi port, incase that was conflicting. Still does not work. Reinstalled windows to, still doesn't work. Might be a BIOS setting. However it works perfectly on my laptop so I tend just to use it there now, I use a DAC-2 with that PC. Will create a blog soon to show both setups.

Inviato Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 1:59 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)