Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: sound skipping during playback

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hello, I'm using my fully registered copy of 3.1 on a brand new HP laptop. it's a 3200+ AMD 64 with a gig of ram. also using indigo dj soundcard. I'm also using a dac 2

here's the deal..... I use it on two systems. it runs great on a lesser averatec computer with less ram. but on my HP, I get skips in the audio.... it's like it just skips forward a second or so....

it's very embarrassing to be doing a wedding, or other event, and have a song skip.

I've tried disabling network adapters, that doesn't fix it... what else can i do?

I've read the skipping thread and tried all sorts of stuff...

any suggestions?

Inviato Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 10:01 am

Inviato Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 12:17 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I thought he wrote "I read the skipping thread." :)

Anyway, if ther is not a solution in it, there might be someone here who had similiar problems.

Inviato Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 3:12 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Check Reactivity, I use Reactivity in MED because in HIGH my songs jump time to time (about .5 sec) and with Reactivity in MEDIUM I don't have that problems anymore... But My computer refresh quickly and I don't have a big diference. I found that P4 2.8GHz and above may use Reactivity in MEDIUM and still have a good visual of VDJ.

VDJ->Config->General->Reactivity change to Medium

More Info:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/41333/Software_Technical_Support/reactivity_and_wave_speed.html

Inviato Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 3:15 pm
oops, sorry :-/

Inviato Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 4:08 pm
Dumb question, gonna ask in another post on the same subject, since you are using a laptop, doesn't that hard drive spin at only 5400 rpm? I know that this with an overloaded processor can equate to skipping while retrieving data... just a thought.

Inviato Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 3:50 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good point Gumshoe.

Gio, you should be able to tell if this is what's causing you problems by looking at the song analysis bar as the file is playing. If the song tries to play a part of the song that is not yet loaded in memory (blank in the analysis bar,) then you will definitely have sound issues which could be described as 'skipping.' I would think you should be OK with a 5400 rpm drive for mp3s, but video files or possibly wav files might give you this problem especially if your drive is doing other things at the same time (serving other programs or maybe swapping memory.)

Inviato Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 5:18 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)