Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Labtop help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

MTAGT56Home userMember since 2005
Hi all I have not purchased this product yet. But reading up on it. It appears to be the best out their I would like to use it on a labtop and dj live with it I have the following labtop can you tell me if it will work successfully before I buy

Acer TM 2312LM

Processor :
Intel Celeron M 360
Microprocessor Speed : 1.4Ghz

RAM:
Installed Size : 256 Mb

Cache Memory:
Level 2 Cache 1MB

Hard Disk Drive:
40 GB

Optical Drive:
Speed Read CD 24x
Speed Read DVD 8x
Speed Read DVDRW 8x
Speed Read DVDROM 8x
Speed Read CD DVD 8x
Speed Read CDRW 8x

Display:
Display Type : 15Inch TFT

Interfaces:
3x USB port(s)
Stereo Speaker
16-bit sound card
56k Modem
Ethernet 10 / 100 wired networking

Battery:
Technology : Li-Ion 4 - cell
Run Time (Up To) : 1.7hours battery life

Weight:
2.76 kg

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

thanks people

Inviato Fri 21 Oct 05 @ 12:06 pm
it wil work okay, but more RAM will help you, you will be able to load whole song into memory

I personally have 768 MB ram and it's working okay. 256MB is too small becuase only windows will eat much of it.

The behavior is configurable by MAXload in the VirtualDJ settings.
It means the maximum lenght (playing time) of song that can be loaded into memory.
If song is larger, it will not be loaded into memory but directly decoded from the harddrive.

If you don't have enough memory windows will try to use "virtual memory" on the harddrive also known as swap file where it will move not so needed parts of RAM. But this process of swapping can make your song skip becuase it is a system process and has very high priority, greater than playing a sound.

Anyway i think even with 256megs and setting maxload to 5minutes will be quite good.
Have in mind that every minute of song "eats" 10 megabytes of memory.

Download the demo from this website and observe for yourself how smooth VDJ is on your lappy. The limitations of demo version does not matter in this case it will be the same with full version.
Personally go for at least 512MB.

Inviato Fri 21 Oct 05 @ 12:31 pm
MTAGT56Home userMember since 2005
thanks for the advice so if i upgrade my memory to 1gb that would do it then. I may give the demo a try

Inviato Fri 21 Oct 05 @ 12:49 pm
250 windows + 40 VDJ +15minutes x 2decks x 10 megs = 590 MB .... go for 768 MB
250 windows + 40 VDJ +10minutes x 2decks x 10 megs = 490 MB .... go for 512 MB
250 windows + 40 vdj +5 minutes x 2 decks x 10 megs = 390 MB .... should go with 256 MB
windows will swap half of it to the harddrive and it'll be free for VDJ.

if you hvae option to upgrade the ram go for it.

Since I have only 2 slots and i one slot i had 256MB i just bought other 512MB module.

Inviato Fri 21 Oct 05 @ 1:10 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)