Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ 3 DJ Control MP3 version headphone problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ketchupHome userMember since 2005
Help!
I bought a Hercules DJ Control MP3 mixing console bundled with VirtualDJ 3 DJ Console Edition.
THe mixing console is very nice, but it does not include a sound card. Therefore I bought an external USB 5.1 Sound card (Hercules).
The VirtualDJ 3 which is bundled has only one headphone connection option: 4.1 sound card (using rear speakers plug for headphone). So, I defined my external 5.1 USB sound card as the windows Primary sound card and then selected the 4.1 sound card headphones option in VDJ. But it doesn't work...
Anyone can help ?
Thanks!

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:37 am
in VDJ go into your soundcard settings and scroll down. There is a hercules option.

The herc console has its own built in soundcard :D

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 4:45 pm
WHiteDVL: nope he's using new controlmp3 without soundcard.
Please notice his new icon. Also he's home edition user.

Unfortunetly i have no idea how your version works, i had hercules 1 and there was no option because it used it integrated soundcard.

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 6:15 pm

I think the icon is the same both for Hercules MK2 and Hercules DJ Control MP3....

Difference beeing:

DJ Console Mk2: The totally versatile mixing controller.
For advanced DJs and mobile DJs in particular, or for young DJing fans, Hercules has created the DJ Console Mk2, a more professional version of the first DJ Console. Compact and portable, the DJ Console Mk2 is a dual-deck controller for mixing MP3s on a PC, and features integrated audio. When connected to a laptop computer, it can accompany a DJ anywhere. The major innovation of the DJ Console Mk2 is that it multiplies the possibilities for DJs by mastering the art of MP3 mixing while also integrating itself into the analog equipment used by DJs. The unit has been designed so that two vinyl turntables, CD players or MP3 players can be connected to it. DJ Console Mk2 will be launched in mid-October 2005 at a suggested retail price of €249.90, VAT included.

DJ Control MP3: The fun of DJing for everyone!
With the DJ Control MP3, Hercules is finally putting DJing within reach of the general public. A portable DJ mixing controller for PC, DJ Control MP3 simplifies mixing by offering all users the pleasure of doing what they like with the music they love. Even those totally new to DJing can easily make their own mixes at home, personalize their tracks and host their own parties by creating their own playlists. DJ Control MP3 will be available from mid-October 2005 at a suggested retail price of €99.90, VAT included.

The MK2 have a build-in soundcard, the mp3 dj control does not... :)

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 6:30 pm
That's right, the difference between the 2 is that mine has no integrated sound card. and it looks bundled software doesn't manage an external 5.1 sound card with headset on rear speakers connector...

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 6:52 pm
yeah but he had mentioned with VDJ 3

so I assumed there was an herc option under the soundcard settings.

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 7:11 pm
Hello!

Can you tell me where did you buy the Hercules DJ Control ?

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 7:36 pm
@ ketchup

you have the HOME EDITION of Virtual DJ

headphone prelisten is supported, but NOT external mixer

What you need to do is select the image of a 4.1 soundcard + speaker + headset

that should give you master out at one channel of soundcard, and prelisten to headphone at a different channel of soundcard

Please ask again if you have problems :)

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 7:43 pm
the only sound card config which is proposed is pictured by the mixing console and there is a ticker bow on the right "headphones on 4.1 rear output ..."
It looks the software is not really designed to support this config...

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:04 pm
device was bought at FNAC in Monaco

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:05 pm
ok ..
what happens if u check that option?

can u prelisten at console? or is there no headphone out? and does the centre channel at your external soundcard get the prelisten sound?

please forgive us, but this console is brand new, trying to help the best we can :) it will work :) just have to select the correct setup

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:13 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Ketchup,

Also check your Windows soundcard settings. You could see my blog to find out if your windows configuration is right to use headphones thru a 4.1 (or better) soundcard.

Hope this could help you.

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:35 pm
if the option is checked: prelistening is available through the speakers front input, thus adding to the room output.

If it is not, no prelistening is available...

thanks

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:35 pm
Changed the speakers to 5.1 in windows config.
Now i get the prelistening on rear output... BUT: can't change output level, output level is very low and I have to keep the prelistening button down to get it working.

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:43 pm
ok :) so far so good....

You got it to work... a bit

I see in the Hercules specs for the DJ Controller that the requirements are :
- 5.1 soundcard with headphone socket

That would have made things easier, letting you have an amplified output with a knob to control output level (like the Hercules Dj CONSOLE have, that has build in soundcard)

Your version of Hercules is PURLY a midi controller, so the rest is a bit up to your soundcard.
Make sure the level slider is set high.

One thing that I find a bit strange, is that you need to hold a button to prelisten ??
You should only have to select what side, at least thats what works in the CONSOLE version of Hercules (that I have)

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 9:05 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 10:34 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In fact, yes you have to press the button "select" (as it's not green) on the DJ console or dj control mp3 to hear in the headphone. It works in 4.1 or 5.1 mode in windows option

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 11:31 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)