Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Apparent memory leak while doing photo slideshow

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Doing a gig last Saturday and decided to try using VDJ to make a video slideshow out of a CD full of JPEGs I received from the customer. I had thought that only BMP's worked but decided to give it a try as I hadn't tried it in the newest version. Well, it did work, to my surprise, but after about 2 or 3 minutes, the memory usage of VDJ was upto about 1.4 GB and climbing. Sound began to skip and stutter and I was unable to do anything but shutdown the computer. VDJ wouldn't die.
Luckily, this was before the party actually started and I was trying this feature to make sure it worked beforehand.
I didn't try to reproduce the problem yet and prefer not to to avoid corrupting my file system with another hard power-off.

I am guessing that this problem was due to either using JPEGs or because the files were on a CD.
Anyone else have similar problems?

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 5:37 pm
interesting, i will try this a report back

Inviato Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 1:12 pm
okay VDJ begins at 200MB and when I started slideshow as images were loading each 2 seconds
the memory got eaten up to 700 mb, when i minimised vdj and maximised it back
the usage was about 70mb and raising and swap usage 800mb. (i think it's because of windows memory management.)

So this Myth is confirmed, but hopefully it will be busted soon by our good dev-team as many other bugs.

Inviato Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 10:55 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Lopez,

Thanks for confirming.

-Frd

Inviato Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 5:35 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)