Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: optimal system for tcv to reduce the whissling

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hi,
which neadle does not whissling so loud, while using the tcvs?

thank you,
greez TFTS

Inviato Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 5:58 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've tried:
- the Stanton trackmaster (my good old favorite cartridge): horrible, very loud hissing noise
- the Stanton 520 (dj Craze, was free with my last turntable), better, especially if you reduce the weight on the needle, but still pretty audible

I spend a lot of my free time turning my thousands of vinyl tracks into mp3 files, and I thought the above needles didn't produce a high-enough signal (I had to normalize up several dBs after sampling). Then, I forked out the 60 Euros for an industry-standard Shure M44-7 needle, which rates at 9.5mV output. It definitely fixed the gain issue (most vinyl come out above 90 dBs when the turntable is plugged directly into my mk2, and the same would come up around 85 dB with the Trackmaster and around 81 dBs with the 520).

I was extremely surprised when I tried the TCV with the Sure M44-7 : I was expecting a louder audible hiss, but it's actually very low.

Moreover, this cartridge has very good tracking abilities.

So: good tracking, great sound dynamics because of the high voltage, and low needle-on-the-TCV noise, I highly recommend the Shure M44-7!

(please buy a full-version of VDJ before you invest in needles, that would be fair to its developers)

Inviato Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 8:43 pm
sure, i think about buying the DJ Console MKII from Hercules. Can i use TCVs with the version of VDJ which is included in the package of the dj console?

Inviato Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 9:28 pm
sorry, i dont think you can.,...

You need the full version for using timecode with the new Hercules console

Inviato Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 9:42 pm
Turn ur moniters up :P

Inviato Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 11:50 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you don't have a baby at home, do you? :)

Inviato Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 12:14 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)