Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Creative SB X-Fi Soundcard and headphone output - HELP

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi

This question has probably been asked before, so please forgive me in advance.

I have just installed a new SB X-Fi Platinum souncard into my system and can't get the front headphone socket to monitor properly whilst another track is playing on my main output.

This what Creative Labs had to say on the subject..........

Usually if you connect the headphones to the panel the other output is
muted. You can configure this not to mute it, but it would still play
the same signal.
To te able to use different signals your software would need to support
the ASIO driver.

For more information please have a look at the following article in our
Knowledgebase at:

http://ask.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=ww_english_add,Company={CEAE216D-8719-4C00-AC9F-03BC258F7B70},VARSET=ws:http://ie.europe.creative.com,case=2378

Inviato Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 9:19 pm
Dont know your soundcard well, but it looks pretty cool :)

I would go with what Soundblaster support told you to do... use the soundcard in ASIO mode.

You probably have a Soundblaster control pannel, where you choose it to be in ASIO mode.

Then, inside Virtual DJ, got to ADVANCED soundcard setting.

Choose for example this :
Left deck : channel 1&2 at soundcard
Right deck : channel 1&2 at soundcard
headphone : at the channel that correspond with the headphone out in front (check w/ soundblaster)

Guessing you dont have an external mixer

Inviato Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 9:27 pm
Hi dj-in-norway

Thanks for the help with the ASIO on the X-fi sound card. As you suggested I've gone into the advanced sound setting in V-DJ, and have the following options in the drop down boxes.

prmary sound driver
SB-X-Fi audio [D880]
modem #0 line playback
creative ASIO

I have tried virtually every combination, but still can't get it working. If I select the SB-X-Fi option for the left and right deck and the creative ASIO for the headphones I get an exception error sometimes statin that V-DJ can recover the fatal error. More often than not the error is displayed in a pop up box stating "error in the ASIO sound driver".

Inviato Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 1:53 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I believe that the Advanced Sound Setting isn't working in the VDJ DJConsole2 version. The Advanced Sound Settings is only available in the Professional version.

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 5:37 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)