Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: video- VDJ close automatically at end

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just updated to the new 3.2 and the first time I ran it, I kept getting an error when I tried to load a video I got an error. After restarting the program, I didn't have this problem anymore but it may or may not have to do with my current problem.

For some reason, VDJ closes itself at the end of the video. I have tried several times, and I think it only happens when the video window is closed. The thing is, it still happens even if I have another song on the other desk starting to play.
I don't have very many videos on my computer, but it happens with two that I ripped directly off the DVDs last week into DivX using FlaskMpeg.

I don't really know what is going on, but I didn't have any problems before updating yesterday. Can anyone help?

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 1:55 am
hopefully some of the "video guys" can help you out, but my wild guess would be that its the encoder, the way you coded the video.

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 2:05 am
Yeah, but I didn't have any problems with 3.1

I really think it's time for a new video forum to be added to the site, it would make things a little easier.

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 2:14 am
*I updated from 3.2 to 3.3
(sorry about that)

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 2:18 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Maybe you have another problem in there. I just have probe my updated VDJ 3.3 with some DivX videos and I has no problem.

Inviato Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 10:30 am
I don't know...I tried it again today and I don't seem to have any problems. It was really weird and I wish that I knew what caused it so I could avoid it in the future.

Inviato Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 10:03 pm
good to hear.. .hope it stays problem free :)

Inviato Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 10:16 pm
:( happened again today...
Luckily it wasn't a gig or anything, but still....

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 1:52 am
hmm... might be a divx encoder issue.

Try using a different version of divx, or update divx encoder.

Or best of all, try using mpeg2 that have been tested a lot. Bigger files, but works well.

I hear a lot of users have sucsess with divx 6, you can try that.

Also check your extention settings inside Virtual DJ .
That your divx files uses windows media player decoder.

Since noone else is having this problem (at least not replying in this thread), my guess would be that its something with the way you encoded your video in Flaskmpg

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 2:01 am
I tried changing the extensions settings, and it seems to work for now. I guess we'll see after a while. Thanks a lot for the help.

Once I did that though, I got this weird DivX settings manager in my system tray...

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 2:12 am
cetanuPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

I don't think it was a video problem. My VDJ close itself too with mp3 when song come to end...Since 3.3 only...

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 9:56 am
@ steven

Thats what you need! use the Windows Media player encoder, and that will give you the DivX logo in your system tray (meaning that the the divx codec is ruinning)

@ cetanu

I have no such issues what so ever with 3.3. Works fine both for audio and video;)
Guess you should try a reinstall or figure out whats wrong at your pc

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 11:41 am
Thanks a lot. Should I change any other extensions to use the windows media player encoder as well?

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 9:02 pm
direct x update

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 11:25 pm
The internal default encoder should work fine for other files. Leave settings as they are...

And updating codecs can help too for sure, if you are using the Windows Media player as encoder (divx).
But not needed if everything works fine

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 1:52 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
With DivX I use "Video Decoder" option and not WMP, works very good. I use DivX 6.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 5:26 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)