Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: those magical vocal loops...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

kman025PRO InfinityMember since 2005
for all those experienced users...i'm trying to mix house with those vocal loops you often hear cued and echoed throughout the song...as song 1 ends (or even during song 1), dj's will somehow cue in a portion of a vocal loop from song 2 without any bass, percussion or mid-range sounds, JUST THE VOCALs..... how the hell do they do that? with VDJ i can only sample song 2 with all the sounds....even using the equalizer it sounds weird...more importantly, you can't apply any effects like echoes or cuts to a sample in VDJ, so when i'm trying to mix two songs in an original way by randomly inputting sounds from song 2 into song 1, it just doesn't work....plz help....need advice
(for reference, i was listening to steve lawler and tried to imitate his constant use of echoes and short but amazing sounding vocal loops....he'll play the vocals from one song with his own bassline and it sounds great....HOW DO YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT? I know he obviously has much better equipment, but for those who know how to do it, what IS THAT equipment, what's the theory behind that kinda mixing????)
Thx alot

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 12:08 am
well this is done either using an accapella of the song on deck 2 or having a break in the song with nothing but the accapella on deck 2. The way you do this is find the start of the accapella you want to cue in and then you can activate the echo effect, pan, loop (which ever effect you want to give) and let it go at the precise moment to make it sound right.

The key in making it sound good is all about timing. Just let the sample go exactly at the right time and it will always sound good. You can always do it the easy way and load up a sample in VDJ with the words your looking for and it will be much easier then spinning the vinyl (or cuing your CD up to the spot your looking for) and let it go only to bring it all the way back at the begining of the song to let the song play again.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 1:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)