Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Volume Problems - Hercules DJ Console.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey Guys,

Can anyone tell me how much difference it makes to the optput level of a set of speakers - between having intergrated sound on the motherboard, or having a seperate sound card like a creative Sound Blaster?

I have a Dell Dimension 5000 - my speakers are Altec Lancing ADA995's. These are very powerfull speakers - (see rview here: http://www2.shopping.com/xPO-Altec_Lansing_Altec_Lansing_ADA995_200_watt_THX_5_1_Speaker~CLT-HSNLF) However I think they are not as loud as they should be. I had them on my old computer which had a Creative Sound Blaster Live card on it. I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember the sound being a Lot louder on that computer than it is on my new one. My new computer just has intergrated sound on the motherboard. I didn't bother getting a better sound card cause the Hercules DJ Console has good ones inbuilt. If I got a SB Audigy for example, would that make my speakers louder through the Hercules console?

Currently I am able to turn the volume up to max, and its loud, but not quite enough for a party... For some reason I am only able to get the 2 front speakers working, and not the rear or centre.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem for me?

Thanks.

Inviato Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 10:05 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
colinfitz,

Integrated Soundcards are CHEAP be definition. If you get a SoundBlaster you get aditional features, bass and treble controls, and also EAX effects and other things that could let you hear better your music.

Altec 5.1 included in your DELL aren't so powerful to get a real party, maybe a few friends in a room, but not a real party. If you use the Hercules DJConsole; you must try it, if you don't like it you could try a Sound Blaster and get more power. Anyway, to get working the SB with DJC2 you must upgrade the VDJ version in your console to use another soundcard for your speakers.

Virtual only use front speakers. The Rear and Subwoofer/Center Speakers outputs aren't really working. With some software (like Soundblaster EAX and Surround Mixer) you could have sound in this ports but they are not going to be real 5.1, just emulated one.

Hope you see you soon as a profesional VDJ user.

Inviato Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 1:35 am
Thanks Acw,

So if I get a better sound card then the sound quality and ouutput lever (volume) shold improve? What soundcard would be recommended?

I know I can't get full surround sound, but can I get the rear speakers working, just playing the same as the fronts? It would add volume, thats all I want, any idea how?

What advantage would I ahev in upgrading to the pro version?

Thanks for your help
Colin

Inviato Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 3:47 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Colin,

My recomendation for that is that you buy VirtualDJ Pro ($149 usd) and then configurate your system as it is explain for register vdj professional users.

You need 2 soundcards, one could be the onboard soundcard and the other a 5.1 soundcard (like Sound Blaster you already talk about). Then you could have your system working as you want.

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 4:01 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)