Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: advanced video use in VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

1/ is it better to use 2 x dual video card or 1 x quad card for 4 screen output ( 1 screen for VDJ, 3 remote LCD monitors) ( desktop dual amd 64 bit, 3GM main memory 1 x pci e slot, 1 x pci slot )

2/ how do I configure VDJ for the 3 remote monitors to a) show the same video b) show different videos....
I have tested vdj on a laptop with 2 desktops & extended desktop checked -worked great with vdj on laptop and video on full remote screen - the question is how does it work when there are more than 1 remote screens

davefromlondon

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 1:29 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
davefromlondon,

If you plan to have more than one monitor, then I only recomend you to have 2 monitors. If you want to give more Video Displays in yor event, it's easier if you put monitor with Composite or S-Video inputs and a switch to split the signal of your current video card (which has to have S-Video output or Composite RCA video output)

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 9:38 am
not sure I quite understood your point, say regular monitor # 1 is my regular vga 15" screen to run actual VDJ. extra Monitors 2 and 3 will show the video in full screen - I have proven this works with 1 extra monitor, my question is how do I configure VDJ to play software on reg monitor #1 and full video on BOTH monitors 2 & 3
I know I can split the signal so i vdj THINKS i only have 2 monitors ( 1 reg and 1 video ) but I would like to know if VDJ can address 3 monitors, 1 for reg software, 1 for 1 video monitor and 1 for the other video monitor

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 11:38 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
no VDJ can't split the video to have video on screen 2 and video on screen 3.

as ACW was saying, if you want to have the video on 2 monitors, you will need to buy a s-video or composite hub, to double the video output.

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 6:59 pm
1) ok, so full video runs on only 1 output from vdj ( with vdj app software on the other) but I can split manually with a hub ? ie 1 cable out from vid card to hub, 2 screen out from hub

2)why does it have to be composite or S video - could it not be a dual dvi output, 1 dvi to vdj softwate, 2nd DVI to spliiter to 2 full video screens

Inviato Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 11:02 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1) i've never used a video hub but this is how it works

2) don't know if DVI hubs or splitter exist, but why not!

Inviato Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 2:19 am
comp usa tell me svideo and composite only transmit 200 lines or something ie not the quality i need in this app - they reccoment dvi or vga

Inviato Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 12:00 am
You will find that you want to split s-video. If you split dvi or vga you are limited to the distance you can run the video signal usually about 10 feet. You can run s-video about 200 feet and if needed you can also boost the signal. There are a number of video switcher you can purchase that can push the signal to 2, 4, 6, 8, ect.. number of screens. Keep in mind the price of a vga or dvi cable compared to a s-video cable is huge.

Inviato Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 12:43 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)