Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pirated Version Questions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

bgmagicPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi All,

I have been seeing tons of people having problems with the hacked version of Virtual DJ. It's pretty bogus to not buy the software because it really is worth it. I was wondering what are the specific issues with the non-legit versions? What I mean is if you were to install the hack version on one system and the real thing on and identical system, what would be messed up on the bad version? I'm only asking because of the stability of the program. If someone is running the hacked version while at a gig, could there be serious problems with the software not being reliable?

Just wondering.

Thanks

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 1:53 am
HuGgLeZPRO InfinityMember since 2006
There are ALWAYS potential problems with pirated software as most people don't know what the creackers have done. The only way to be 100% sure that it'll work the way the original programmers made it is to download it directly from them, or buy it in a store.

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 3:41 am
I have used a number of software applications over the years. Some have yearly fees to be able to update there software. Some charge you for every update. Then I found VDJ!!! Not only is the price right!!! But the updates and tech support is fantastic. I don't know why some feel the need to cheat the people who have worked very hard at making such a great product. The only thing I can say is you get what you pay for!!! If you don't pay for the product don't expect it to work and don't expect others on this forum who have paid for it to be supportive of such ideas.

Mike

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 6:45 am
bgmagic: okay I agree with all above but just 2 things to add:

1. everyone wants to protect their work, and hackers usually never bypass all protections therefore your problems can be random and caused after 2 hours for example.

2. (just in case you tryed such a version) let's make things clear, tell us what is the problem, and we will tell you if this exists in full version. If you are worring that the problem will persist after buying, this should help. Also you probably just know someone having troubles and you are affraid you will have problems too ... Once again "put the cards on the table" and we can probably help you a little. BUt don't expect help solving any problems in cracked versions.

Also there are some posts/forums here you have no access to while not registered. Theese topics provide more help and solutions to some problems you can encounter with VDJ.

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 9:33 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I used a cracked version for six months before buying the software (i was 16 so i didn't really have the money but kept all money made in live gigs to buy the software) and i had a few bugs.

the first bug, was the sound configuration, the sound wasn't half as good as in the pro version and i wasn't able to cue with my headphones.

the second bug, was crashing software after 30 minutes or 6 hours, it was never after the same time of use.

the third bug, was the samples, impossible to load samples, to save samples or to create them.

i think i had other bugs but i can't remember, anyway, the pro version is the best you can have!

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 12:32 pm
The thing which makes me giggle is that people always say pirated software is buggy when in fact at least sixty percent of users on Atomix's claimed 4,000,000 userbase probably use a pirated version of windows 2000/xp.

The main reason why pirated versions of Virtual DJ would be buggy is because the cracks (I'm assuming) are for the Demo version. This version has been limited by Atomix and has probably been built without specific instructions (rather than just a few bytes of code saying to disable the function). This means, that whilst your 20 day trial may be unlimited, you'll never have the full software features, i.e. headphone cueing and soundcard selection etc. Usually in this sort of case, the cracked software appears buggy because it's been told to do things which weren't originally programmed into it. It's like buying a cheaper car without air conditioning and drilling holes into the side with a little flap; sure it may work effectively in the short-term but admittedly it is severely limited.

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 4:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)