Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC-3 Controller Help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just ordered my controller for VDJ.....I have the Pro Version, do I need to download the Mapper first before connecting this to my USB laptop? And what are the setting in VDJ for using this type of controller? I will be using my MK2 as a soundcard, unless anyone knows of a better set up....and eventually an external mixer as well...any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!

Inviato Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 6:15 pm
You can download the mapper in advance and install it ready for your DAC-3. It will not be used until you connect your DAC-3 and enable DAC-3 support in the remote control options of VDJ.

The MK2 should work fine as a soundcard for the DAC-3, and you will even be able to use the MK2 to control VDJ at the same time as the DAC-3 if you want.

Ideally you should mount the DAC-3 and a hardware mixer into a flightcase. The hardware mixer will give you better control of the sound than using the software EQ's and faders in VDJ. You could still use the MK2 as a soundcard in this setup.

Inviato Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 12:30 am
Thanks....I will look into that, cant wait to get all my stuff, this is addicting..LOL!!

Inviato Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 5:12 pm
Another question.......by the way, sweet set up! If I use a USB miker, like the RANE MP4 that has a built soundcard, and the DAC3 will this set up work properly, then I would not need my MK2.

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 1:56 pm
Yes, a USB mixer with built in sound cards will work fine with the DAC-3. If you plan to use timecode vinyls alongside the DAC-3, you will need a low latency ASIO sound card (Such as Maya 44 or U64DJ) with atleast 2x stereo inputs and 2x stereo outputs, otherwise any soundcard with atleast 2x stereo outputs should be fine.

Inviato Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 10:35 pm
bmacPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jpboggis,

Hello and you have a nice setup. thank you for your contribution on DAC3 mapping.
Its great! just asking when do you gonna release the version 2?
Thank you again for your DAC3 map its really work good.
keep up the good works!

Ben Mac

Inviato Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 4:32 am
I'm still working on the v2.0 DAC-3 mapper at the moment. I've not had a lot of spare time recently, so progress is a bit slow at the moment. I've finished the layout of the user interface for the mapper - Just a matter of finishing the code to make it work (The most complicated bit.)

Inviato Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 8:45 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)